Whether back to school shopping is a part of your family’s routine right about now or you’re just looking for a little lunch inspiration to brighten up your 9 to 5, these very stylish lunch boxes are the key to lunch bliss that beats even Pizza Fridays. We know, sometimes it can be a challenge doing all the prep work, but maybe having a box this cute will inspire you to eat healthier and get you out of that fast food rut. Here are 40 very cool lunch boxes that will have you proudly brown bagging your lunch to work or school.
1. BNTO Canning Jar Adaptor ($9): We love the fact that we can use classy glass jars to layer our lunches, but with this adaptor, you keep things like salad dressing or yogurt from making your lunch a soggy mess by noon.
2. Insulated Lunch Bag ($95): Stylish enough for grown-up snacking, it’s almost too good-looking to hide in the work fridge. Luckily, the waterproof lining keeps everything neat and tidy.
3. Aladdin Insulated Lunch Box ($30): With the promise that this box will keep your food cold for three hours, it is perfect for salads and sandwiches.
4. Marlowe Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag ($44): This is not your grade school lunch bag. These elegant, reusable bags even come with a little pocket where you can include a surprise love note if you’re packing a lunch for your boo or your kin.
5. Akita-Sugi Cedar Bento Box ($99): Yeah, it’s a pretty steep price for a lunch container, but this handmade bento box is crafted with rare Japanese wood and is guaranteed to give you the most refined lunch in the office. It will definitely make all the other bags in the break room fridge super jealous.
6. Kate Spade New York Lunch Tote ($35): Keep it classy with this understated but refined lunch tote. We think polka dots make everything better.
7. Compleat Foodskin Flexible Lunchbox ($20): You’ll never have to eat a squished sandwich again with this incredible container. Not only does it keep your food zip-lock fresh, it molds to the shape of your sandwich so there won’t be mayonnaise leaking everywhere.
8. Takenaka Bento Box ($34): Jazz up a classic bento box with fab neon colors! We also love the slimness of this lunch box for when you’re taking way too many things to work with you.
9. Lunch Box Cooler Tote ($69): For the fashionable girls that have like to keep it profesh, this sweet bag looks more like a purse than a lunch bag!
10. Lego Lunch Box ($22): Embrace your inner kid with this fun lunch box shaped like a giant LEGO piece. Having a box this playful might inspire us to play with our food a little more.
11. Happy Tiffin Raja Domed 3 Tier Lunch Box ($40): Take a modern twist on a classic design with this tiered set inspired by century-old vessels from northern India. The interlocking tins are perfect for your three-course lunch.
12. Lifefactory Food Storage Cups ($14): If you don’t mind everyone seeing what you brought for lunch, check out these cool glass lunch containers. Not only is the silicone cover super colorful, it also protects the glass bowl from breaking in case of dropping.
13. Black+Blum Lunch Pot ($22): Complete with a spork and a carrying strap, this is what a perfect lunch should look like. Each part of the two-pot canister has a watertight locking seal and is microwave and dishwasher-safe.
14. Stanley Thermos and Lunchbox ($130): Like dad’s old lunchbox, this insulated stainless steel thermos and box keeps 24 ounces of food or drink hot for up to 18 hours. This workhorse is worth the price tag.
15. Bentgo Salad Box ($30): The perfect way to travel with salad, this container has separate compartments for all of your toppings. It also comes complete with a matching fork for a very stylish lunch break.
16. Coffled Three Layers Bento Lunch Box ($24): Cream, pink and mint — this color palette has us feeling sweet and tranquil. This lunch break calls for some down time.
17. Smart Planet Collapsible Eco Meal Kit ($12): This cute portioned tray collapses for easier storage, so you can toss it in your purse after lunch. It even comes with a condiment lid so you can keep your dressing separate.
18. Black+Blum Thermo Pot ($40): Take lunch to a whole new level of sophistication with this sleek thermos with a spoon that attaches to the side via a magnet. Don’t think you have to only eat soup though — it’ll keep your drinks and salads cold for just as long.
19. LunchBots Trio Stainless ($39): This metal lunchbox is a great container for smaller meals and snacks like crackers and cheese or celery and peanut butter.
20. Fluf Organic Lunch Bag ($19): Go green with this adorable lunch bag made from organic cotton. With a fitting text graphic, this container will have everyone wishing they packed a lunch, too. Plus it’s machine washable just in case you forget to put the lid back on your drink.
21. Yeti Roadie Cooler ($250): Capable of holding up to 20 pounds of ice and 14 cans of beer, this cooler might actually tempt you to play hooky rather than get to work on time. Small but mighty, the Roadie is the best personal cooler you’ll find to protect your lunch from the likes of soggy sandwiches.
22. Happy Jackson Snack Box Set ($15): Brightly color blocked with charming messages to get you excited for break time, this stack of snack boxes are perfect for portion control.
23. LunchBots Duplex Insulated Lunch Bag ($35): Gray and pink is a classic color combo and an insulated liner ensures everything stays cold. We also love that it’s big enough to carry your lunch as well as utensils and a bottle of water or two.
24. Contain This Perfect Sandwich Container ($22): Forget those soggy bread balls you get when you wrap your sandwich in plastic wrap, this box promises you the perfect sandwich every time. It’ll keep your wet ingredients such as meats, lettuce and tomatoes in a sealed compartment so that your bread stays fresh. We’re talking lunch perfection every day.
25. Slimline Lunchbox ($17): Available in four bold colors, these compartmentalized plastic boxes allows you to keep lunch items neatly organized. It’s ideal for transporting a sandwich + sides.
26. Planetbox Lunchbox Set ($80): We’re loving the return to more traditional materials like stainless steel to carry and transport food. This high quality box is a safe, reusable and a really cool looking alternative to the plastic lunchbox. Plus, you can decorate it with magnets.
27. Omiebox ($40): This hard plastic box boasts a game changing, vacuum insulated bowl that promises to keep cold yogurt cold and hot soups hot, along with several leakproof compartments. Although, for those of us unwilling to give up our PB+J, the bowl can be removed for a sandwich spot.
28. Kipling Kichirou Lunch Bag ($35): Those extra long work days require extra snacks. This bag comes in a variety of colors and is big enough to hold several shift’s worth of snacking.
29. Yumbox Leakproof Bento Lunchbox ($21): Pack healthy portions of food in minutes with this divided lunch box. With a total volume of three cups plus dip, you’re sure to be able to fit in enough food to get you through the day.
30. Rubbermaid Lunchbox Kit ($18): If you’re one of those people that prefers little snacks throughout the day, check out these brightly colored little containers to keep all your trail mix and fruit from falling to the bottom of your purse.
31. Pret a Paquet Lunch Pack ($14): This sectioned lunch box comes with a thermos sleeve to keep everything the right temperature. Plus it just looks really cool.
32. Happy Jackson Healthy Snacks Lunch Box ($12): Yeah, we figured that’s what was really in there. We also love the bright green color, so even if it’s all the way at the bottom of your bag, you will still be able to spot it.
33. Mziart Soft Bento Cooler Bag ($10): This sweet polar bear print is enough to make us look forward to packing a lunch in the morning. The foil lining promises to keep your snackage nice and chilly all day.
34. ECOlunchbox Three-in-One Stainless Steel Food Container Set ($36): This plastic-free stainless steel set of three containers fits perfectly together so you can take three dishes on the go. Basically, you can put a sammie (or other main course) in the largest container, and two sides in the smaller ones.
35. GO Meal Prep Cooler and Travel Bag ($37): If you haven’t tried meal prepping yet, that’s all going to change with the help of this lunchbox. It’s ideally suited for meal prepping, and allows you to cart around THREE Bento-style containers full of perfectly-portioned lunches.
36. Lifeasy Felt Insulated Cooler Lunch Bag ($17): HOW PRETTY is this heather grey lunch bag? It’s not just about looks, either. This stylish accessory is ALSO super functional, boasting numerous compartments and a cross-boxy design.
37. Ospard Stainless Steel Insulated Lunch Box ($17): Leak proof and super easy to clean, this pretty pink lunchbox *almost* looks like a thermos. It’s is a testament to how well-insultated it is.
38. HemingWeigh Insulated Lunch Bag ($30): This bad boy isn’t kidding around. Not only can you fit three plastic food storage containers in it, it also contains a separate compartment for fruit (or an ice pack) AND a side pocket for drinks.
39. JapanBargain Sakura Lunch Bento Box ($25): Lovers of Japanese design will absolutely adore this sakura-inspired lunch container. Sakura (cherry blossom) leaves dot the outside of this beautiful red lunch box, while three small bento containers and a set of chopsticks make it fully functional.
40. BentoHeaven Leakproof Bento Box ($23): Pretty and well-designed, this Bento setup is completely leak-proof and also really cute (we love the bamboo). But our favorite aspect may be the free lunch notes that come along with the box. Whether you’re packing lunch for your kids, an SO, or yourself, write a little note to put a smile on their face. Even if it’s your own!
Looking for more lunchspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.