We say lace, and you think…? SO HIP, SO COOL, SO AMAZE. Okay, maybe not, but after seeing what ladies around the Interwebs are doing with that antique-looking fabric — from revamping a plain denim shirt and decorating pumpkins to designing bridal veils and creating super stylish bookends — that will indeed be your response. Get on these 20 DIY lace projects just as soon as you’ve made it to the bottom of this post.
1. Denim + Lace Shirt: Sure, you lurve your chambray shirt, but the same can be said for everyone else in the world. Set yourself apart by giving originality back with a little lace. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Lacy Planters: Lace-trimmed, cacti-filled planters — the concept is as awesome and versatile as the end result. Use them for bookshelves, party tablescapes and as a bday present for your bestie. (via Brit + Co)
5. Lace-Adorned Pumpkins: Carving — ain’t nobody got time to deal with that mess anymore. No-carve pumpkins are the bomb, and these are especially fun because it’s like dressing up those big round ‘kins in lingerie. Umm, sexy? (via Honestly WTF)
9. Lace Lamp: Create and display this using doilies and a balloon, and your friends will start to wonder if you’re the one behind all those jaw-dropping store displays at Anthropologie. (via Apartment Therapy)
14. Lace Doily Curtain: Deck out your boho abode by using white, ivory and cream-colored doilies to create a curtain that transcends anything your grandma has hanging in her windows. (via Free People Blog)
15. Lace Tambourines: Shake things up at your wedding reception by giving out handmade tambourines that guests can use as music-makers during your exit, then let them take them home as favors. (via Honestly WTF)
20. Lace-Trimmed Dress: Did this just hop off of a hanger from Anthropologie? Nope, but it was inspired by a $300+ Anthropologie find and we have no doubt that it’s going to become your go-to for all those fall weddings you have coming up. (via Life is Beautiful)
What’s your favorite DIY lace project? Share your ideas with us below!