29 Recipes for the Trendiest Foods of 2014
2014 was the year that brought us crop tops, juicing, bold eyebrows and… sriracha and waffles? Yep, we ate A LOT of delicious and trendy foods this year, and we’re not quite ready to let them go. Why not say sayonara to 2014 by noshing on some of its most delicious offerings? We’re sharing our favorite recipes for the trendiest foods of the year. Whether you’re serving up a meal or some tasty treats, these dishes are sure to keep you coming back for seconds.
1. Lemon Chia Muffins: Chia is fairly new to the health food frontier, but given its serious superfood powers, it’s definitely going to be around for a while. Try these muffins for a yummy way to incorporate chia seeds into your food. (via Something Swanky)
6. Chocolate Dutch Baby Pancake: Pancakes were one of the most searched for foods on Google this year. Break the typical mold by making a Dutch baby pancake. This chocolate one is essentially dessert for breakfast. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
Lunch + Dinner Trends
12. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese: Squash was a kind of a big deal this year, especially of the butternut variety. Try it in mac and cheese for a cheesy bowl of goodness that’ll taste great anytime. (via Lauren’s Latest)
13. Roasted Butternut Squash With Cranberries and Feta: Sweet, savory and tangy are just a few of the wonderful tastes you’ll encounter when you make this roasted squash dish. (via Peas and Crayons)
14. Chicken Florentine Lasagna: Lasagna was a much-searched-for dinner on search engines this year. Try this yummy take featuring chicken and spinach if you’re looking for something out of the ordinary. (via The Cozy Apron)
18. Mac and Cheese Stuffed Meatballs: Meatloaf was one of America’s most-sought out recipes this year, and meatballs are essentially the smaller, cuter meatloaf. In this case, meatballs don’t go in the pasta. Pasta goes in the meatballs. Say what? (via Spend With Pennies)
19. Garlic, Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Get ready to say goodbye to kale. The new hot greens on the block hail from Brussels. They’re small, but mighty. (via Cooking Classy)
23. Teriyaki Salmon With Sriracha Cream Sauce: The big condiment on campus this year, Sriracha, goes swimmingly with this salmon. With a flavor that’s spicy and also slightly sweet, it’s no wonder this sauce was a hit. (via Damn Delicious)
25. Cronut Grilled Cheese: Food mash-ups were all the rage for 2014, and the croissant-donut was no exception. Here, the Franken-food goes deeper down mash-up lane and becomes a grilled cheese. (via Oh Bite It)
How Sweet- Yummy Snacks + Desserts
28. Cookie Butter Cheesecake: Culinary dark horse cookie butter hit the scene and threatened to oust fan-favorite Nutella as the best dessert condiment. Try it out in this cheesecake with malted pretzel crust. Just try your best not to eat the whole thing at once. (via The Moonblush Baker)
Which of these will you be cooking up before the year’s out? Tweet us your fave recipe on Twitter!