10 Ways to Be a #GirlBoss for Halloween
2015 has produced plenty of inspiration for Halloween costumes, from a look inspired by Inside Out to various reality TV star costumes. But we think it’s time to take a page from our favorite strong and powerful ladies (both real and fictional) and rock some seriously #GirlBoss costumes this year. From new-school (oh hey, Queen Bey) to old-school (like the badass Amelia Earhart), these girlboss looks are so cool you might want to consider replicating one come October 31st.
1. Beyoncé: Goodness knows there are all kinds of Beyoncé looks you can take inspiration from. We picked our top five faves this year for the most #girlboss costumes out there. Click over to see Queen Bey (aka Kelly) in all her glory. (via Brit + Co)
2. Hermione Granger: You don’t need Polyjuice Potion to get your own Hermione Granger ensemble. Hermione is as much a girl boss as the beautiful lady that portrays her, but we love the idea of putting on your witch robes and carrying a wand to channel her badass spirit. (via Lavi-A-V)
3. Rosie the Riveter: This beloved look is as easy to replicate as it is fun to do. Check out our super easy 10-minute hair tutorial, grab your favorite denim shirt and a bandana and go to town showing off those muscles! (via Brit + Co)
4. Anna Wintour: The Editor in Chief of Vogue is the ultimate #GirlBoss. Her look can easily be replicated with some big sunglasses and a chic bob, whether it be your own or a wig. See how Brit rocked the look here. (via Eat Pray Wear Love)
5. Taylor Swift: Musical #GirlBoss T-Swift has tons of looks to choose from, but we’re loving this Bad Blood-inspired ensemble for Halloween. Call in some backup with your girlfriends to complete the Bad Blood crew. #SquadGoals. (via Brit + Co)
6. Daenerys Targaryen: Channel your inner Khaleesi and take inspiration from the Queen of Dragons this Halloween (bonus points for a dragon accessory). You can even get together with a group of friends and recreate the whole cast! (via Fashionably Geek)
7. Coco Chanel: Go classic with this beautiful costume inspired by the one and only Coco Chanel. Whether you decide to rock a LBD or take some French-spiration, this is a fun and easy look that is very much girl boss-approved. (via Clothed Much)
8. Katy Perry: Katy Perry channeling Cleopatra in her “Dark Horse” video gives us two girl bosses in one! Thanks to Misty, we have plenty of Katy Perry-inspired looks to choose from, but we’re loving this stunner in particular. (via Brit + Co)
10. Lady Gaga: Goodness knows Gaga has provided us with plenty of looks to choose from over the years, but we’re partial to this early era ensemble that will allow you to dance the night away in style. (via Brit + Co)
Which #GirlBoss are you planning to be this Halloween? Let us know in the comments below!