Try as we might, from time to time, we find ourselves in a dinner time chicken rut. Sure, we’ve gone over countless anything-but-boring ways to prepare it, and we’ve used rotisserie chicken to it’s full potential. Nevertheless, we need more ideas of just what to do with that bird. These 20 flavorful (and mostly healthy) chicken tender recipes are sure to spark those creative juices. Paired with delectable sauces like mango salsa, chipotle crema and classic honey mustard, these recipes will brighten up the dinner table and satisfy your inner child (and actual kiddos, too). You’ll want to get your hands on these tenders ASAP.
1. Parmesan and Cashew Crusted Chicken Tenders: Two types of bread crumbs team up with cashews, Parm and a handful of spices to ensure that the entire surface of these tenders is coated in crispy, flavorful goodness. (via Cooking and Beer)
4. Goldfish Cracker Chicken Strips: A school of our favorite little fish-shaped cheese crackers swims out of the lunchbox and onto the dinner plate to create these oh-so-good chicken strips. (via Please Note)
5. Southern-Style Chicken Fingers With Sweet Tea Dipping Sauce: Talk about the perfect recipe to serve up on your porch (or fire escape… or rooftop). It simply screams summer and, as you could probably guess, is best enjoyed with a glass of sweet tea to sip on. (via Thirsty for Tea)
6. Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders With Garlicky Avocado Dipping Sauce: A dip in the creamy Greek yogurt, avocado and garlic sauce cools down these spicy tenders just enough. (via Oh, Sweet Basil)
7. Parmesan Baked Chicken Fingers With Sriracha Honey Mustard: Leave it to Sriracha to transform the usual honey mustard dip into a spectacular sauce for these tasty tenders. (via Little Spice Jar)
8. Baked Honey Mustard Chex Chicken Fingers (Gluten-Free): Crushed Chex cereal creates a fabulous, panko-like coating for these gluten-free tenders that everyone will enjoy. (via Betty Crocker)
9. Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Fingers: You barely need any dipping sauce for these moist chicken strips. A marinade of barbecue sauce and honey infuses them with loads of flavor from the start. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
10. Indian Spiced Chicken Tenders: Enjoy these almond-flour-crusted chicken fingers spiced with a fragrant blend of turmeric, garam masala, cayenne, coriander and cumin. Served with a chickpea-tomato-spinach curry and cooling cucumber-yogurt raita, these tenders create a meal that’s beyond compare. (via Rosanna’s Kitchen)
11. Cheesy Pretzel Chicken Pops: Everything is better when it’s on a stick. And that’s why this mix of cheese crackers, pretzels and skewered chicken fingers are so gosh darn fun to eat. (via A Spicy Perspective)
13. Baked Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders: The blue hue may cause a few double takes, but trust that these tenders will be a hit with whoever tries them. Serve them with your favorite chip dips — salsa, guac and sour cream — or the recipe’s suggested mango salsa and chipotle crema. (via Cookie Monster Cooking)
14. Honey Bunches of Oats Crusted Chicken Strips: Cereal crusted chicken may seem strange, but honey is such a natural pairing with chicken strips that it makes sense here. These Honey Bunches of Oats fingers pack bunches and bunches of flavor. (via Little Leopard Book)
15. Crunchy Chicken Tenders: Now talk about a classic. You’ll need to get out the fryer, but any splatter that results will totally be worth it. These are sooo much better than anything you can pick up at the drive-thru. (via Kirbie Cravings)
17. Chili-Lime Baked Chicken Tenders: Lime juice and zest team up with chili powder to create a wonderful seasoning for these chicken fingers. The flavors are echoed in the yogurt dipping sauce served along side, bringing it full circle. (via The Stay at Home Chef)
19. Chicken Tenders With Greek Yogurt Ranch: Now these are some healthy chicken fingers that taste anything but. Fresh bread crumbs made from whole-wheat bread are seasoned up with garlic and onion powders to create strips that are perfect for dippin’ in creamy ranch sauce. (via Damn Delicious)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy chicken tenders? Baked, fried or from the local diner? Let’s talk below.