18 Wholesome Ways to #Win at Cooking for One
Cooking for one needn’t be a hassle. With these 18 delicious recipes, featuring everything from breakfast to dinner to dessert, you’ll be eating well (and well balanced) for days and days. And if time is of the essence, be sure to check out all the different ways you can put a mug and your microwave to use to get food on the table in a flash.
1. Poached Egg and Avocado Toast With Parmesan: Toss an egg and a sprinkle of cheese on your next avocado toast to cover all of your nutritional bases in a single
bound slice: carbs, protein, healthy fats and fiber. (via Warm Vanilla Sugar)
2. Savoy Cabbage Breakfast Burrito With Sweet Potato Noodles (Paleo): It’s easy to halve the ingredients for this powerhouse breakfast burrito, but go ahead and treat yourself to the whole avocado (you’re worth it). (via Inspiralized)
3. The Easiest Single Serving Protein Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-Free): Loaded with protein and made without added sugar, these pancakes will keep you satisfied ’til lunchtime. (via Pur Body Nutrition)
4. Banana Smoothie Breakfast Bites: Toss a container of these breakfast cookies in your bag to nibble on during your morning commute. They pack all of the flavors of your fave smoothie sans to-go cup. (via The Big Man’s World)
Lunch and Dinner
5. Smoked Salmon and Mascarpone Jacket Potato: Turn the usual loaded baked potato on its head with this classy combo. It still packs all the smokey, cheesy flavors we love, only with salmon and herbed mascarpone in place of bacon and sour cream. (via Singly Scrumptious)
8. Rhonda’s Spaghetti With Fried Eggs and Pangritata for One: Lemon- and herb-scented panko crumbs are a delicious final flourish for every twirl of this briny, cheesy, eggy spaghetti. (via Food52)
18. Mason Jar Bread Pudding (Vegan): Enjoy this bread pudding for breakfast or dessert. Decisions, decisions… (via Grim Grains)
Share your go-to cooking-for-one recipes and tips with us below!