23 Copycat Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant and Brand-Name Foods
We totally get that no matter how healthy you’ve been eating, sometimes the craving for Cronuts, Doritos and Animal Style fries just hits hard. But the time has come to kick your dependency on name brand snacks to the curb. You no longer have to wait in egregious lines to get your fast food or food trend fix. Let these 23 DIY copycat recipes from our friends at Spoon University deliver your fix right from the comfort of your own home.
1. Chick-fil-A Sandwich: Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays, but that shouldn’t prevent you from devouring your favorite sandwich. With this DIY recipe, you can get your fill-A everyday. (Photo via Kelly Redfield)
4. 15-Minute Sushirrito: Your pal from San Francisco won’t stop talking about their spiritual sushirrito experience? Show them this DIY sushirrito, tell them to talk to the hand and then stuff it in yours. (Photo via Lily Lou)
7. Microwave Momofuku Birthday Cake Truffles: Introducing your new best friend, the microwave. This recipe will save you a ton of money, not to mention that trip to NYC. Momofuk-yeah. (Photo via Alvin Zhou)
9. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: Starbucks only sells Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the fall, but being #basic is a year-round endeavor. This recipe will go great with your LuluLemon leggings and kale salad any season. (Photo via Sydney Gabel)
13. Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets: Remember that whole Chick-fil-A gay marriage controversy? If you’re still boycotting them, this recipe means you don’t have to miss out on your nugget fix. (Photo via Parisa Soraya)
14. Ladurée Dark Chocolate Macarons: With a macaron recipe that’s as professional as Ladurée’sand do-it-yourself, you’ll be able to corner the market on both Instagram and Pinterest. (Photo via Bon Jin)
16. Upgraded Girl Scout Tagalong Cookies: You no longer have to depend on an eerily business-oriented tiny girl in a vest to get your cookie hookup. With this upgraded recipe, you can put that Girl Scout out of business for good. (Photo via Rae Steinbach)
18. Cheez-It Crackers: Step away from the snack food aisle, friend. These homemade crackers use real cheese, not that mystifying powdered stuff. And they taste infinitely better. (Photo via Alyssa Rosello)
20. Momofuku Cereal Milk: Did you really ever pay money to eat something that tastes like the dregs of your morning meal? This recipe will have you questioning your past self’s naïveté. (Photo via Aja Frost)
21. Quest Bar Cookie Crisp Cereal: Remember those ads where the wolf tries so, so hard to acquire Cookie Crisp but fails over and over? If he had just known this recipe, his whole life wouldn’t have been such a tragic waste. (Photo via Alice Huang)
22. Chipotle Burrito Bowl: Avoid the extreme stress that is the Chipotle experience and enjoy this burrito bowl in the peace and quiet of your kitchen. The guac ain’t extra. (Photo via Celeste Holben)
Do you have any copycat recipes of your own? Let us know in the comments!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.