13 Rainy Day DIYs to Upgrade Your Umbrella (Ella, Ella)
The humble umbrella can be truly unremarkable (with some exceptions, of course). Luckily, their blank-canvas-like quality makes them easily customizable and the perfect rainy-day DIY. Get ready to make a big splash with one of these genius upgrades for plain umbrellas. And if your ‘ella has bitten the dust, we’ve also included a few hacks (ahem, DIY selfie stick!) for broken ones.
1. Fruit Slice Umbrella: Show the world your love of watermelon, citrus or kiwi every time it rains. (via Studio DIY)
2. DIY Polka Dot Umbrella: Transform a boring old solid-color umbrella into polka-dot perfection. (via Refinery29)
4. Raindrop Umbrella Caddy: You’re one hardware store trip away from this adorable caddy becoming the centerpiece of your entryway. It would make a great canvas for leftover wallpaper too. (via Design*Sponge)
5. Umbrella Handle Hook: Got sanding skills? Put them to use on a wooden umbrella handle. Just add copper brackets for a genius storage option for your fab DIY tote collection. (via Upstyler)
6. DIY Polka Dot Umbrella: A circle sponge makes this a super easy rainy-day project. (via Hello Natural)
7. DIY Selfie Stick: Hope your friends are ready for you to blow up their feeds. This smartphone extender — made from an old umbrella — will step up your selfie game on the cheap. (via Grey Luster Girl)
8. Rainy Day Umbrella: This raindrop-painted project is pretty enough, but add a little rainy-day cash and it becomes basically the most thoughtful — and practical — gift ever. (via This Little Street)
9. Striped Umbrella: Classic B&W stripes go with everything, but pastel or neon fabric paint would look equally awesome. (via What I Wore)
10. Umbrella Toy Bag: Harvest the waterproof fabric from a broken umbrella to make a sturdy bag you can use to store LEGOs or bring to the beach. (via Upstyler)
11. DIY Heart Umbrella: Paint only the inside of your umbrella for a more subtle, but just-as-cute upgrade. (via Whimsy Darling)
12. Cinder Block Umbrella Caddy: They’re good for so much more than dorm-room bookshelves. (via BuildDirect)
13. Geometric Print Umbrella: Waterproof paint and a few homemade stencils are all you need to be totally on trend in the umbrella department. (via Design for Mankind)
What umbrella project are you psyched to try as your next rainy-day project? Let us know in the comments below!