18 Fusion Foods to Whip Up This Week
With so many different foods at our fingertips, it can be hard to choose just one. Thanks to these 18 creative fusions, now you don’t have to. Beyond blending just a couple cultures into one harmonious dish, we found a pastry collab or two that is sure to knock your socks off. There’s Mexican meets Korean food, chocolate chip cookies mingling with Oreos and so much more. In other words: You’re certain to enjoy treating yourself to a slew of new taste experiences with this assortment of recipes. The only decision you’ll need to make is which one to cook up first.
2. Thai Red Curry Chicken Tacos With Spicy Peanut Drizzle: Make your next taco Tuesday a Thai-inspired affair. The contrast of curried chicken, creamy peanut sauce and crisp coleslaw is a not-to-be-missed experience. (via The Devil Wears Parsley)
3. Pork Sisig Burrito: Whether you wrap up the well-seasoned pork filling and garlic fried rice in a tortilla or serve it as a burrito bowl atop a pile of lettuce, you cannot go wrong. Enjoy bringing a taste of one of Vegas’s most-loved food trucks home, wherever you live. (via Cherry on My Sundae)
5. Korean Fried Chicken With Ube Waffles: Chicken and waffles has never been a more colorful affair. Purple sweet potatoes provide their signature tint to the waffle batter, while a sweet and sour fried chicken crowns the top with its finger lickin’ goodness. (via Rosie Eats)
8. Spicy Korean Pork Burritos: Who else likes their burritos spicy? Us too. And you can be sure that these bad boys, featuring a famous fermented chili paste deliver in full force. (via Super Golden Bakes)
9. Bruschetta, Indian-Style: Enjoy making the cheese, chutney and cherry tomato toppings ALL from scratch. For bonus points, add one final essential bruschetta element to the list: the bread. You got this. (via Box of Spice)
12. Short Rib Boeuf Bourguignon Chili: Warm up with a big bowlful of this elegant chili. Ground beef’s got nothin’ on the meltingly tender shreds of short rib you’ll find in every spoonful. (via Jenessa’s Dinners)
13. Cuban Burger: When two famous (and favorite) sandwiches meet, your taste buds stand to benefit in a big way. There’s always time for a totally authentic take another day. (via Simple Comfort Food)
14. Thai Clam Chowder: Creamy coconut milk tempers the heat of this chowdah. And if you can’t handle a whole lot of chili action, not to worry — it’s easily customizable to your preferences. (via Tartine and Apron Strings)
16. Caesar Salad Wonton Cups: Wonton cups provide enough crunch that you can easily forgo the croutons here. This Caesar can easily rule your next appetizer spread, or serve as a creative salad course. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
17. Poutine Hash Brown Waffles: With so many well thought out fusions in one — fried eggs meets loaded fries meets hash browns meets the waffle iron — you know this dish will steal the spotlight at any brunch. (via Nutmeg Nanny)
18. Monte Cristo Lasagna: Capture the flavors of the cheesy, hammy Monte Cristo sandwich between layers of noodles in this delish casserole. In lieu of finely shredded Parm, a sprinkle of powdered sugar is the perfect finishing touch for each serving. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
Feeling ready for a culinary adventure? Or have some fave food fusions to share? Let us know in the comments below.