Jan 24, 2023
This Beef Brisket Slow Cooker Recipe Is Perfect For Super Bowl Sunday
Roll out the Super Bowl snacks and delicious dips — the big game is almost here! Whether you're hosting a crowd or just watching the game at home with your closest crew, do the event justice with these insanely delicious, juicy, and tender slow cooker brisket tacos. You can personalize them with your choice of toppings, or just go with what we have here. Whether you keep things classic or make some creative taco recipes, sticking with slow cooker recipes will surely make things more convenient, so you can truly enjoy game day!
What You Need for Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Tacos
- 4-5 pounds beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Green onion
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Extra barbecue sauce or slow cooker brisket sauce
How to Make Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos
- Place the brisket into a container or bowl. Mix the salt and spices together and rub all over the brisket top, bottom, and sides. Put the brisket into the refrigerator, and let sit with the dry brine for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour a little of your favorite barbecue sauce to coat the bottom of a large slow cooker. Place the brisket, fat side up, into the slow cooker and pour the remaining barbecue sauce over it. Set your slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Once the brisket is done, carefully remove it, and place on a cutting board. Slice the brisket against the grain, removing any big pieces of fat still left.
- If desired, skim the fat from the sauce remaining in the slow cooker and reserve to drizzle sauce on top of the brisket or the tacos when serving.
- Assemble tacos with brisket and desired toppings!
Love slow cooker recipes like this one? Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more!
Recipe and photos by Sarah Anderson.
This article has been updated.
From Your Site Articles
- 20 Valentine's Day Slow-Cooker Dinner Recipes for Two - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes to Enjoy All Winter - Brit + Co ›
- Healthy Take on Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Vegetable Soup ... ›
- This Slow-Cooker Stroganoff Recipe Tastes Exactly Like the Version ... ›
- 30 Easy Crock Pot Recipes & Slow Cooker Meals - Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
Maggie is a writer and editor currently based in Chicago. She writes about mindfulness, astrology, nutrition, self-development, and fitness, and has a background in yoga instruction.