8 Tips for Hosting the Best Galentine’s Day Brunch
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and whether you have a boo or not, it’s important to observe Galentine’s Day (à la our role model, Leslie Knope). What’s not to like about an excuse to celebrate ovaries over brovaries, or uteruses before duder-uses? This year, make it a daytime shindig and invite all your besties over for a babe-filled brunch. Scroll on for all the tips and tricks to make it happen!
1. Send Invites: Start by sending your gal pals a card with the pertinent details printed on an awesome Galentine’s Day-themed invite. (via Brit + Co)
2. Plan the Decor: Whether you choose to decorate with pink and red or go glam with gold, set a scene to get everyone in the mood. Blooms will make the room feel romantic, while gold touches will create a festive atmosphere. (via Bespoke Bride)
3. Pay Tribute to Leslie Knope: Since she invented it, you’ll want to rep Leslie Knope’s much-loved sayings. Pick up the printable Three Leaf Paperie Silver Sparkly “OVARIES BEFORE BROVARIES” Galentine’s Day Banner ($8) for some last-minute decor.
4. Keep the Theme Going: Spread the Leslie Knope gospel far and wide by greeting each guest with a DIY Galentine at her seat. (via Brit + Co)
5. Have Hearts-a-Plenty: We’re suckers for anything heart-shaped. Make heart donuts to have these everyday treats feel extra special. (via Best Friends For Frosting)
6. Set Your Menu: For an easy brunch menu, stick to the basics, like these mushroom croissants that pair well with all the fixings for an omelet. (via Cooks with Cocktails)
7. Add Boozy Beverages: Galentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without festive beverages, like this Pomegranate White Tea Fizz. (via Brit + Co)
8. Serve Sweets for Your Sweeties: Keep the theme going with a cute sweets table and load it up with your guests’ favorite treats. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
Planning to get together with your girlfriends for Galentine’s Day? Share your plans and ideas below!
Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau