20 One-Pot Paleo Lunch Recipes You Can Bring to Work
For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year's resolutions.
When it comes to healthy lunches you can make at home and then take to work, healthy wraps and creative sandwiches may come to mind. However, you don't have to eat wraps and sammies in order to enjoy fresh, healthy lunches every day. In fact, prepping lunch can be even EASIER — you can make a one-pot Paleo meal, pack it up, and reheat it during the work day. Talk about easy-peasy! Here are our favorite one-pot Paleo and Whole30-approved meals to help tide you over on weekdays.
1. One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies: This super healthy and nutritious meal features chicken breasts and the veggies of your choice, all topped with a delicious balsamic and Italian dressing. Pro tip: As with all of these recipes, make sure to wait until you're ready to eat before you add any glazes or dressings on top. (via Chelsea's Messy Apron)
2. Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala: Tikka masala is an Indian favorite that tastes AMAZING over a bed of rice. If you're strictly Paleo, here's a tip: Just sub in cauliflower rice for the traditional grain. Problem solved. (via A Girl Worth Saving)
3. Paleo Butternut Sausage Bake With Kale: Featuring butternut squash, pork sausage, kale, and marinara sauce, this delicious combination of flavors goes into one cast-iron skillet before getting popped in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes. You'll have to roast the squash for 30 minutes too, so this bad boy takes a total of about one hour of prep time. WORTH IT. (via Paleo Running Mama)
4. Paleo Skillet Beef Fajitas: Fajitas are basically the secret that allows low-carb eaters everywhere to still go out for Mexican food. Recreate the dish at home in just one pan by sizzling strips of beef, red pepper, yellow pepper, jalapeño, and assorted spices together on high heat. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
5. One Pot Cabbage and Sausage: This one-pot, Paleo-friendly recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for cooking up, well, whenever. In addition to smoked sausage, it showcases the flavors of cabbage, onions, bell peppers, olive oil, and garlic. (via Bravo for Paleo)
6. Dutch Oven Grecian Chicken: Talk about healthy! This Mediterranean chicken recipe is chock-full of heart-healthy garlic, lean chicken, detoxifying lemons, and fresh oregano. You'll cook it in a Dutch oven for roughly 90 minutes, and after that, it'll be ready to heat up throughout the week. (via Sweet C's Designs)
7. Healthy Beef and Butternut Squash Stew: If you've noticed that there's A LOT of butternut squash in these recipes, that's because it's a fabulous Paleo-friendly carb source that won't weigh you down or disrupt your digestion. This stew makes good use of it too, combining it with beef, thyme, rosemary, and olive oil. (via Noshtastic)
8. Paleo Jicama Hash: Jicama tastes SUPER amazing in hash form. With fajita veggies thrown into the mix, this sizzling dish has pretty much ZERO downsides. (via Sweet C's Designs)
9. Keto Egg Fried Rice: The ketogenic diet promotes a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb approach to eating, and this fried rice recipe is perfect for anyone trying to eat LCHF (low-carb, high-fat). Don't be fooled: That's cauliflower rice in there, but we promise you won't miss the real thing. (via Primal Palate)
10. Paleo Taco Skillet: If craving tacos is basically your default state, you don't need to be scared off of Paleo eating. This taco skillet will help you get your fix sans tortilla. Just shovel it on a salad or eat it in a bowl. Bonus points if you add some avocado on top. (via Sweet C's Designs)
11. One Pan Paleo Jerky Nachos: Speaking of indulging your cravings for Mexican food, these Paleo-friendly nachos are EVERYTHING. Instead of the usual fare, you'll make your tacos with sweet potatoes, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and jerky sticks. They're the perfect take-away meal to bring to work. (via Paleo Hacks)
12. One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner: If Cajun is the cuisine you're craving, pop this crazy good recipe into the oven. Parsley, black pepper, onion, and bell peppers come together to create the ultimate healthy Cajun poultry dish. We also think shrimp could be a delicious protein alternative. (via Cooking Classy)
13. One Pot Paleo Mexican Chicken Stir Fry: When you think of stir-frys, you probably envision an Asian-inspired meal… not anymore. This Mexican-flavored dish uses fajita veggies, spices, and lean chicken, as well as uber healthy broccoli florets. Yum! (via Sweet C's Designs)
14. Bacon, Garlic, Chicken, and Spinach Dinner: You'll love these tender skillet chicken thighs, cooked full with flavor and set atop a bed of wilted greens. There are also easy suggestions for swapping in chicken breasts, pork chops, or shrimp in place of the chicken thighs, so you definitely won't suffer from lunch boredom. (via Sweet C's)
15. Whole30 Eggroll Bowls: When you're craving Chinese takeout, these chicken and veggie bowls taste just like the savory egg roll filling. They're so satisfying, you won't even miss the fried wrapper. Coconut aminos in place of soy sauce keep it in line with Whole30. (via TastyThin)
16. Chicken Curry With Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes: This chicken curry dish is high in protein, making it the perfect midday meal break. It's easy to throw together, so you can work it into your weekly meal prep without breaking a sweat. (via Abbey's Kitchen)
17. Italian Sweet Potato Spaghetti Bowls: Swap out the heavy pasta plate and try these sweet potato noodles with zesty tomato sauce. Mix it up throughout the week by switching up your toppings. Think olives, capers, and fresh herbs. (via Cotter Crunch)
18. Zucchini Beef Skillet: Keep it easy with this beef and zucchini skillet recipe, which uses all kinds of flavor-boosting shortcuts like jarred salsa and dehydrated onions. Skip the rice to keep it truly paleo. (via Eating Richly)
19. Apple Cider Braised Chicken With Brussels Sprouts and Bacon: These chicken thighs are slowly braised in a bath of apple cider, leeks, and spices until tender and bursting with flavor. Make this for your Sunday night chicken dinner so you can enjoy an easy Monday pick-me-up lunch. (via Lexi's Clean Kitchen)
20. 10-Minute Whole30 Curry: This yellow curry, packed with turmeric, ginger, and garlic, may be our favorite new way to squeeze in those veggies. The best part is that you can use whatever vegetables you have in the fridge, so it's never out of season. (via The Movement Menu)
For more Paleo-friendly recipe ideas, follow us on Pinterest!
(Additional reporting by Justina Huddleston)
- 15 Delicious Paleo Alternatives for Your Favorite Foods - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Vegetarian Whole30 + Paleo Recipes to Make Your Meatless ... ›
- 13 Speedy Paleo Dinner Recipes You Can Whip Up With an Instant ... ›
- 35 Easy Lunch Recipes You Can Make in 5 Minutes (or Less!) - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 17 High-Protein Wrap Recipes That Are Easy to Make - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Easy + Healthy Meal Recipes for One - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Recipes to Spice Up Boring Baked Chicken Breast - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)