20 More Ways to Rock Your Oscar Party
We’d like to thank the Academy for an excuse to throw a party around the TV. Oscars night is a time for gathering your pals, ogling your favorite stars, munching popcorn and rooting for the movies you’ve actually seen. This year, make the party the star of the show with these golden ideas to make, bake and buy for your party. And the award goes to…. the hostess!
1. Admission Ticket Invitation ($15): You better believe your VIP guests are going to need movie tickets to get into your invite-only red-carpet affair.
3. Winning Wine Charms: Print these glitzy drink charms, then dole them out to the winners of categories such as Best Dressed, Didn’t See Any Of The Movies, and our favorite, Mrs. Clooney. (via HMH Designs)
6. Movie Reel Decorations: No need to reel it in on the decorations, Oscars night is all about glitz and glam. Grab a few recycled movie reels (or make one out of cardboard) and spray paint them in gold and glitter for instant party decorations. (via Giggles Galore)
9. Oscars Bingo Night: Game on! Once the ballots are in, make the show even more entertaining with a round of Bingo, marking squares with possible performances, winners and speech faux pas. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Make a Popcorn Bar: Set up an ode to the ultimate movie snack: popcorn! Leave out buckets of popcorn, along with mix-ins and toppings like caramel sauce, Milk Duds and seasoning. (via Kristi Murphy)
16. Gold-Dipped Mason Jars: Sleek jars double as centerpieces and containers. Paint mason jars gold and dip them in glitter, then use them on the bar to hold straws and stirrers, or as flower vases. (via How Sweet It Is)
18. Nominee Napkins: Keep it clean with napkins disguised as ballot envelopes. You can make this design easily with clever folding, a paper napkin, party store gold medallions and some ribbon. (via Food Network)
19. Movie Candy Bar: As the night wears on, you’ll need a sugar kick. So set up a bar filled with your favorite movie time sweets. Layout boxes of candy bars and fill vases and bowls with treats like Snow Caps, Sour Patch Kids and Twizzlers. (via Fancy Pants Weddings)
Which Oscar nom are you rooting for and how are you planning on celebrating their win? Cast your vote below!