These 20-Minute Vegan Nachos Are The Perfect Super Bowl Snack
You can't have a party without some seriously good finger foods, and with the Super Bowl coming up, your party menu needs to be top notch. Nachos are some of the best finger foods around, but the only issue is that if you have allergies or sensitivities, you can't enjoy any of the cheese or sour cream that take the dish to the next level — until now.
Thanks to Sal Hanvey, nutritionist at food sensitivity specialist YorkTest, one of your favorite party appetizers gets a vegan remake. Now everyone can enjoy the cheesy, spicy goodness of these vegan nachos, with a margarita, of course. And you know what we love just as much as the vegan alternatives? The fact that it only takes 20 minutes to make! Hello easy weeknight dinner.
Vegan Nachos Ingredients:
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion, chopped,
- 1 small red onion or shallot, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 large tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 jalapenos
- Salt and pepper
Vegan sour cream ingredients
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 6 hours
- ½ cup non-dairy yogurt, unsweetened
- ¾ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
Nachos - extra ingredients
- Vegan cheese
- Plain tortilla chips
Image via Jay Gajjar/Unsplash
- In a bowl, take the avocados and add the lemon juice and salt. Smash them until you get yo your desired consistency.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, spring onion, red onion, garlic gloves, chilli powder, paprika and pepper. Stir it all in, and then set aside.
- Place all ingredients into one blender or food processor (add as many jalepenos depending on the level of heat you desire.)
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
Vegan sour cream method
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender, starting with the yogurt and lemon juice.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Spoon your salsa and guacamole onto your favourite plain tortilla chils with extra jalapenos if you like the spice.
- Add vegan cheese and grill for a few minutes to melt and warm through. Once done, drizzle on vegan sour cream and serve.
Loving these vegan nachos? Check out more appetizers, Super Bowl dips, and last-minute finger foods to get ready for your Super Bowl bash.
Featured image via Jay Gajjar/Unsplash
- Not Yo Cheese: 24 Nacho Recipes You Won’t Want to Share ›
- 14 DIY Vegan Cheeses That Taste Awesome ›
- The 16 Best Cheesy Vegan Snacks in Stores ›
- Who Needs Tortilla Chips? Smashed-Potato Nachos, Coming Right Up! ›
- Jackfruit Is the Newest Superfood You Need in Your Kitchen ›
- 15 Vegan Desserts You’d Never Guess Were Vegan Desserts ›
- 10 Delicious Plant-Based & Vegetarian Sheet Pan Dinners ›
B+C Editorial Assistant, Swiftie | Chloe is originally from the Outer Banks (yes, like the Netflix show!). When she isn't writing or updating her blog Pastels and Pop Culture, Chloe enjoys watching Marvel movies or texting her sister about the latest celebrity news. Say hi at @thechloewilliams on Insta and @popculturechlo on Twitter!