18 Meals to Warm You Up on Cold Winter Nights
For many of us, 2018 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2019! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January and February for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
Okay, so the worst has happened: It’s cold outside, AND you’re hungry. You love a good turkey sandwich as much as the next person, but you’re craving something warm and comforting. Get some new flavors into that meal rotation by checking out one of these mouth-watering meals. Allow this guide to be your answer to cozy winter dinners.
1. Slow Cooker Mac + Cheese: Load up your slow cooker with pasta, cheeses, butter, milk, and spices, and a few hours later, you’ll be in comfort-food heaven. (via Brit + Co)
2. Rainbow Vegetarian Pad Thai With Peanuts and Basil: This classic takeout favorite gets a healthy makeover with brown rice noodles, fresh veggies, and handfuls of fresh herbs. (via Pinch of Yum)
3. BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza: It may be too cold to grill outdoors, but you can still get your fill of sweet-tangy-spicy barbecue with this flatbread pizza. (via Bowl of Delicious)
4.Lemon Chicken Piccata: This dish looks impressive, but it’s seriously simple to make for dinner parties and casual weeknights alike. (via Damn Delicious)
5.Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti: The only thing better than chicken parmesan or baked ziti is not having to decide between the two. This is comfort food at its finest. (via Gimme Some Oven)
6.Sesame Chicken Potstickers: These potstickers provide a fun group activity. Gather up your friends and make it a DIY dumpling party. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Classic Italian Meatballs: It’s a delicate balance to make a meatball that’s both tender and holds together while cooking, but this recipe does it. Make sure you use extra-soft bread in your meat mixture — it’s the secret ingredient! (via Recipe Tin Eats)
9. Garlic Sriracha Chicken: Garlic, sesame, and sriracha team up to make a powerful marinade and a zippy flavor profile. (via Rasa Malaysia)
10. Asian Salmon in Foil: After cooking lots of holiday fare, stepping back into the kitchen might feel a little daunting. Fortunately, this yummy dinner comes together in about 30 minutes. (via Damn Delicious)
11.Spicy Vegan Lentil Soup: When you’re looking for a little feel-good food, this vegan soup really hits the spot. It’s comforting, hearty, and completely guilt-free. (via Cookie + Kate)
12. 30-MinuteIndian Butter Chicken: Make sure you have plenty of fresh naan on hand for this dish. You’ll want to soak up every last drop of the creamy tomato sauce. It’s that good. (via Averie Cooks)
13.Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup: Roasted veggies are a welcome change of pace when you’ve been indulging a little too much. This dish is definitely not lacking in the flavor department, and you’ll love the garnish of fresh scallions and nuts for an added crunch. (via Show Me The Yummy)
14. White Chicken Chili: There’s nothing like a hearty soup on a cold winter night. A little cream cheese and puréed cannellini beans are the secret to this seriously creamy chili. (via Cooking Classy)
15. Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry: This stir-fry comes together in 20 minutes, and it’s insanely tasty. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, if you have those on hand. It doesn’t get better (or easier) than that. (via Damn Delicious)
16. One-Pan Apricot and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast With Roasted Potatoes: This meal is firing on all cylinders. It’s sweet, savory and creamy — AND it all happens in one pan, so you can get through cleanup faster. (via Half Baked Harvest)
17. Chicken Enchiladas: Mix things up with some Mexican fiesta influence. Enchiladas are classic comfort food. (via Gimme Some Oven)
18. Pesto Bolognese Lasagna: This is the yummiest way to eat greens when you need a healthy boost. This version of the traditional Italian soup is filled with leeks, peas, kale, and zucchini. And then… it’s topped off with a flavorful basil pesto. (via Half Baked Harvest)
What are you whipping up this winter? Tag us in your pics on Instagram @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Lena O’Neal