22 Creative Baby Gifts to Buy or DIY
Whether you’re shopping for yourself, a friend or a family member, congratulations! It seems like everyone is announcing a pregnancy, and it’s time to start thinking about all those baby shower gifts we’re going to give. We’ve got an idea for every little one and all the new parents on your list. From crafty to cute, techy to a little bit crazy, we’ve come up with 22 creative baby shower gifts that are colorful, charming and more useful than the mountain of blankets and itty bitty things those tiny babes will grow out of in a week.
1. Circus Animal Jars: You can paint these awesome jars any color you want, from bold primary colors to glam golds and pinks. Fill them with pacifiers or baby socks to gift, and then Mom can fill them with snacks or stuff for the changing table! (via Evermine)
4. Quilted Playmat: A playmat makes a great gift for any time of year. You can throw it on the grass in August or lay it on the living room floor in December. It comes together really quickly since it’s not basted, and is completely washable. (via The Purl Bee)
6. Mounted Stuffed Animal Head ($158): Trendy baby definitely requires some faux taxidermy in the nursery!
7. Sock Monkey and Friend: Sock monkeys are a classic and super adorable project. Once you’ve mastered the fine art of the sock monkey, you can make variations to create some friends like this cute raccoon! (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Iiamo Go Self-Heating Bottle ($28): Ideal for the parents who are always on the go, this bottle will warm up milk to a perfect 98 degrees in only four minutes. It doesn’t require electricity, so it’s a must-have for travel or to avoid those late night treks to the kitchen.
9. Disco Jelly Bean ($80): Doesn’t this just look like the most comfortable thing in the world? We are a little jealous of baby…
10. Baby Bullet ($59): Huge props to the mom who is committed to making all-natural baby food, and this little Bullet blender will make her life just a teeny bit easier. Its three-piece batch bowl is perfect for blending large quantities of baby food + it comes with six small, resealable cups to keep food fresh while traveling.
12. Fortune Cookie Booties ($29): These are the reason people have babies… so we can buy adorable fortune cookie booties that even come with good fortunes!
13. Sophie the Giraffe ($20): Hailed as the world’s only 100% natural rubber teething toy, and the most gifted baby item on Amazon, Sophie the Giraffe has been called a miracle worker for grumpy, teething babies.
14. Infantino Squeeze Station ($25): The Squeeze Station is a one-stop solution that presses delicious, homemade baby food into easy-to-store, ready-to-serve pouches. A super idea for taking snacks on the go, without needing spoons or bowls. This device will come in handy long into the toddler years.
15. Halo Sleep Sack ($22-25): As much as we adore beautiful baby blankets, the safest bed for a newborn is one without any blankets or pillows. A cozy sleep sack is a wise choice for keeping baby protected and warm.
16. Wooden iPhone Teether ($12): We can’t decide if this is hilarious or ridiculous. We’ll let you be the judge.
17. Burt’s Bees for Baby ($36): There is nothing better than soft, soft baby skin, and here is a lovely gift set to keep their skin as soft and natural as the day they were born. This bundle even includes a little surprise for Mom.
18. Hand Stamped Onesie: We love us a good onesie, and this hand-stamped DIY is sure to keep any little one headed in the right direction. Once you learn how easy stamping is, you might want even to create some matching leggings and a couple bibs! (via For The Love Of)
19. Blank Canvas Bib ($15): Every meal is a masterpiece with this funny bib. Printed with a gallery scene, silhouetted figures stare up at baby’s dribble du jour.
What do you think of these fun baby gifts? Will you be buying or DIY-ing for your next baby shower? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.