We hope you’re ready to improve your St. Paddy’s Day luck with these Guinness-enhanced eats. Before the celebrations get underway, whip up a couple of these 22 recipes boasting a splash or more of the famous Irish brew, and you’re sure to have an extra special holiday. Featuring sweet and savory recipes appropriate for noshing morning, noon or night, these eats will have your belly happy indeed. Don’t forget to set a few brewskis aside for culinary purposes… and sipping. Sláinte!
1. Green Velvet Guinness Cupcakes With Baileys Buttercream: With their holiday-appropriate hue and delicious taste, these cupcakes will have you seeing anything but red. (via Brit + Co)
2. Guinness Lamb Shank: These fall-off-the-bone braised shanks are enrobed in a sticky sauce that’s good to the last drop. Serve it over mashed potatoes in place of the usual corned beef and cabbage this St. Patrick’s Day. (via Jamie Oliver)
4. Chocolate Stout Cake With Whipped Vanilla Bean Frosting: Featuring a fine contrast of complementary flavors — deep dark chocolate batter against a creamy, vanilla-bean-flecked frosting — this black and white cake will earn rave reviews. (via Sweetapolita)
7. Guinness Snickerdoodles: A splash of beer adds moisture and a sweet yet slightly bitter flavor to these snickerdoodles. It works very well with the cookies’ classic dusting of cinnamon + sugar. (via Heather Christo)
10. Guinness Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes: The only buzz you’ll get from these donuts is if you pair them with a cup of coffee. In other words, they’re an ideal weekday morning indulgence. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
11. Guinness S’mores Brownies: You’re only five ingredients away from bringing a campfire favorite to your kitchen. The rich stout enhances the fudgy flavor of each square like you wouldn’t believe. (via Brit + Co)
13. Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes With Baileys Buttercream: Even if you skip the salted caramel filling tucked in the middle, these cupcakes are bound to make folks swoon. (via American Heritage Cooking)
17. Guinness Bloody Mary: In need of a little hair of the dog after the St. Paddy’s celebrations have ended? This vodka and beer Bloody Mary may be just the cure you’re looking for. (via A Beautiful Mess)
18. Guinness Candied Bacon: These sweet-salty strips are terrific nibbles to have on hand as you sip your favorite pint. They’d also be the ultimate meaty fixin’ for the Bloody Mary recipe above. (via Scratch It)
19. Corned Beef Poutine With Guinness Gravy: Be warned, you probably won’t want to share these oh-so-flavorful loaded fries. Talk about a great way to use up leftover corned beef. (via Closet Cooking)
20. Skinny Shepherd’s Pie With Guinness Gravy: Fluffy cauliflower mash is a excellent way to make shepherd’s pie healthier without sacrificing anything in the flavor department. (via Buttercup and Bourbon)
22. Guinness Beef Stew With Cheddar Herb Dumplings: Enjoy warming up with this one-pot stew. Every spoonful delivers tender shreds of beef, a wholesome assortment of vegetables and mouthwatering cheddar biscuits. (via Host the Toast)
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy a pint of Guinness outside of the glass? Share with us below!