19 Savory Cookies for Your Next Cocktail Party
The holidays might be long behind us, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on the festive baking. While we’ve already shared our favorite sweet cookie recipes, we’re ready to explore the savory cookie world. Whether you’re serving these tasty treats at your Oscars party or #justbecause, these 19 savory cookie recipes will totally steal the show.
1. White Cheddar Shortbread Bites: DIY Cheez-its? Count us in. This white cheddar shortbread can be served as a part of cocktail hour or added to your kiddo’s lunch box (and yours too, of course.). (via Food ‘n’ Focus)
2. Parmesan Rosemary Cookies with Cranberry Marmalade: Cranberry doesn’t have to be relegated to the holidays. Add some fresh cranberries to orange marmalade, and you’ll have the perfect complement to these savory Parmesan rosemary cookies. (via Yuka Murai)
5. Savory Oatmeal Cookies: Cutting back your sweets intake this month? You won’t be missing your sugary morning donuts and cronuts thanks to these savory oatmeal cookies. They pack so much WOW that you’ll forget about being a sweet tooth. (via The Kitchn)
6. Ham and Gruyere Thumbprints: This breakfast cookie makes us question why we don’t eat cookies for breakfast. This Martha Stewart version of ham and cheese cookies will melt in your mouth. (via Martha Stewart)
7. Parmesan Shortbread with Fennel and Sea Salt: Parmesan cheese and fennel are the ultimate dream team. These cookies will pair well with your fave wine, cocktail or even espresso drink. (via Bon Appetit)
14. Kalamata Olive Savoury Shortbread: These cookies are super easy to whip up with just a few ingredients. Throw ’em in your oven, and you’ll have fancy tea time snacks all week long. (via Raspberry Cupcakes)
15. Seaweed Cookies: Not wowed by those potato chip cookies? Try these seaweed cookies on for size. Just add some seaweed salt to the dough, and you’ll have crafted the most unique pre-dinner bite for sure. (via David Lebovitz)
17. Parmesan, Garlic + Basil Savory Cookies: We always cheer when we see “Garlic” in a cookie recipe. Say yes to these garlic cookies, which you can serve with any dinner. (via Little Miss Celebration)
19. Sweet Sesame Crisp: Add an Asian twist to your snacks and bake up some sesame crisps. They’re sweet enough to go with your cup of coffee, yet savory enough to complement your cheese platter. (via The Wok of Life)
What do you think about these savory cookies? Which recipe are you going to try out? Tell us in the comments below.