Nine times out of ten, our most gawked over red carpet hairstyles feature side-swept tresses. But just because we often see the severe part paired with bouncing curls, tumbling waves and intricate braids doesn’t mean that it should be considered a special occasion-only look. As these nine celebrities show, there are more manageable versions of the glamorous cast away that, while not gala-gorg, still have the power to turn heads. And to us, that sounds like solid office hair inspo. Scroll through to see the range of star-approved ways you can style the side sweep on the daily.
2. Emma Stone: Go the opposite of glamour curls with a super slicked back version of the side sweep. Apply a cocktail of misting spray and hair gel to achieve the wet-at-the roots look that’s very now.
3. Michelle Williams: Change up the entire feel of the side sweep with a jagged part. Be sure to include just one zig and one zag in the look to keep it from feeling like a ‘90s throwback.
6. Olivia Wilde: Sure, your office bangs muse is Jessica Biel — thick and blunt — and maybe Alexa Chung’s easy down-the-center part when on casual Friday. But the next time you’re feeling fringe fatigue, give Olivia Wilde’s side-sweep a spin.
7. Kerry Washington: Second-day hair, meet your new favorite side sweep style. Just tie your strands into a low pony, apply your go-to dry shampoo to your roots and loose layers to build up volume and finally sweep it off to one side.
8. Jennifer Lawrence: The textured bob tends to look just a bit more polished when your tresses are crimped along a side part. To ace this pretty messy style, add loose curls to your locks with a large barrel curler and use a texture paste to piece them apart.
What’s your favorite way to style a side-swept ‘do for work? What about for the weekend? Tell us about your fave hair trends in the comments below.