16 Stuffed Bread Recipes to Make You Feel All Warm Inside
You heard it here first: Merely topping bread is so 2014. Ring in the new year with a hot out of the oven trend — stuffed bread. While pizza and fancy toast will always have a special place in our hearts, it’s time to show these 16 yum-stuffed creations a little love. From breakfast to dessert, these carbolicious eats pack a flavor-filled surprise in every bit. And who wouldn’t love a surprise when it tastes this good?
1. Grilled Stuffed Naan With Garlic Scape Chutney: Garlic naan is already a near-perfect food, so we can only imagine how much more irresistible it gets once stuffed with a punchy garlic scape chutney and tons of melty cheese. Toss these flatbreads on the grill ASAP. (via Feasting at Home)
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Soft Pretzels: When two of our great loves — soft pretzels and chocolate chip cookies — get together in one twirl, it’s a beautiful, sweet-salty thing. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Prosciutto and Gruyère Croissants: Prosciutto and gruyère are a welcome upgrade for standard ham and cheese, making this a cross-cultural stuffed croissant like no other. Oh la la, indeed. (via Alexandra’s Cooks)
6. Baked Egg Boats: Stuffed bread for breakfast? Don’t mind if we do. Filled with eggs, pancetta, cheese and a smattering of scallions, these bread boats are way better than anything you could order at the diner. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
7. Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Bites: Crunchy peanut-butter-filled nuggets from the snack aisle are always a hit. And you can be sure that some swooning will occur once you taste this softer version. (via The Curvy Carrot)
10. Spinach, Artichoke, Bacon Stuffed Soft Pretzels: Spinach-artichoke dip, bacon, beer and bread — sounds like quite the spread, huh? Better yet, mix and twist ’em all together to get this epic preztel. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Stuffed French Bread: Loaded with well-seasoned ground beef and cheese, slices of this loaf make for one heck of a quick weeknight dinner. Talk about an inventive and equally tasty alternative to the usual cheeseburger. (via Life in the Lofthouse)
12. Stuffed Crust Pizza (Gluten-Free): There’s no going back to delivery after you try this method for cheese-stuffed crust pizza. The dough here is gluten-free, but your fave can be swapped in its place no sweat. (via Gluten-Free on a Shoestring)
13. Pulled Pork Stuffed Waffles: Shredded, saucy pulled pork is an unexpected, yet outrageously delicious filling for yeasted waffles. Looks like bacon has some stiff competition at the breakfast table. (via Sweet Frosting)
14. Cheese Stuffed Pretzel Bites With Rosemary Salt: A few sprigs of fresh rosemary bring the usual pretzel salt into gourmet territory. Along those lines, if you’re moved to switch out the mozzarella sticks tucked in the middle with something a little more artisanal, we’d support that decision wholeheartedly. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
15. Salted Caramel Donuts: Who else is doing their best Homer Simpson impression right now? The things we’d do to get our hands on one of these deep amber, salted caramel delights… (via The Sugar Hit)
Share your favorite stuffed breads with us below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.