26 Reasons to Bust Out the Waffle Maker Today
There’s no question that waffles are a trend that’s still going strong beyond the breakfast table. And if you ask us, it’s a good thing. In honor of Waffle Day, these 26 recipes are reason enough to celebrate. Take your pick from our scrumptious selection of sweet and savory options, including a few hacks that go beyond just batter. As it happens, one could easily enjoy waffles all day long without getting bored — now that would be a fabulous way to observe the day!
2. Cornmeal Waffles With Pork Verde: The pork verde cooks to tender perfection in a slow cooker, which makes this out-of-the-ordinary selection a solid option for brunch or dinner. (via A Duck’s Oven)
5. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Waffles With Maple-Peanut Syrup (Gluten-Free): With plenty of peanut butter baked right in and poured on top, peanut butter cup cravings don’t stand a chance. (via Kumquat Blog)
7. Blueberry Sweet Potato Waffles: Here, spiralized sweet potato puts a sweeter, spiced spin the usual hash browns. As a nice bonus, the recipe is scaled perfectly for one or two. (via Edible Perspective)
10. Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches: Think of these sammies as a cross between brownie sundaes and ice cream sandwiches. Doesn’t that sound like a terrific way to upgrade store-bought waffles and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time? (via Dessert for Two)
11. Eggs Florentine on Bacon and Cheese Waffles: This combo of sauteed spinach, poached eggs and hollandaise all served atop cheesy, bacon-studded waffles is the stuff our brunch dreams are made of. (via Cherry on My Sundae)
15. Spanish Chicken and Frittata Waffle Tapas: These tapas may be intended as an appetizer, but they work just as well as a main course. After all, it’s hard to stop at just one. (via The Chick Who Eats)
16. Healthy Cinnamon Roll Waffles: You don’t have to worry about your blood sugar crashing after tucking into a stack of these protein-packed cinnamon roll waffles. Even better, you can take your pick between a paleo-friendly and vegan version. (via The Big Man’s World)
17. Popcorn Chicken and Cornmeal Waffles: If you prefer your fried chicken covered in extra crispy goodness, then quick-to-whip-up popcorn style is the answer. Served over crunchy cornmeal waffles with both syrup and Sriracha, it’s sure to be a total delight for the senses. (via The Savoury Cellar)
20. Peanut Butter Banana Bread Waffles: Not too sweet, these waffles can be topped to your hearts’ content. Peanut butter, a drizzle of honey and your fave fresh fruit are all delicious choices. (via Cookie Monster Cooking)
21. Bulgogi Kimchi Jeon Waffle Sandwich: Wake up your taste buds in the morning with this spicy, flavor-packed breakfast sandwich. Loaded with beef, an egg and a handful of greens, it’s sure to keep you satisfied for hours. (via Miss Hangry Pants)
23. Buckwheat Waffles (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free): Nutty-tasting buckwheat waffles are equally delicious served with sweet and savory elements. Consider topping them with a dollop of crème fraîche and a bit of smoked salmon for a playful twist on traditional blini. (via Modern Wifestyle)
24. Strawberry Waffle Skewers: There’s no need for a fork and knife to enjoy these skewered waffles. This means they’re a perfect way to ensure that your guests have a hand free to enjoy a mimosa the next time you host brunch. (via A Latte Food)
26. Mapo Tofu Waffles: Waffling tofu makes it totally crisp on the outside and soft in the middle, sans frying. In other words: A great base for a well-seasoned mix of pork and aromatics. (via I Am a Food Blog)
Which of these recipes puts you in the celebratory spirit? Share with us below!