Everyone has officially gotten bit by the holiday bug — not like a sickness, but like the month-long impulse to put twinkly lights on everything, drink hot boozy drinks and buy as many ornaments as possible. Even the celebs can’t escape it. Here are some tips from our favorite famous Instagrammers for you to do the holidays right.
6. Chicken Noodle Soup: Here’s an important tip from Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi: You should always have a container of homemade chicken noodle soup in the fridge, ready to be heated up. It’s a cure all for colds… and just being cold. (via @padmalakshmi)
7. Go Ahead. Overdo the Deco: Our new favorite celebrity homemaker is expecting mama Blake Lively. Her new line of products is the perfect place to find rustic chic decor for a festive home. (via @preserve_us)
9. Homemade Cranberry Sauce: If you’ve only done the canned stuff, you’re missing out. Homemade cranberry sauce is definitely worth a try, especially if Katie Holmes is making it. (via @katieholmes212)
12. Master Travel Chic: You never know who you’ll run into on your holiday travels. Keep it comfy and glam with scarves and beanies… just like Karlie Kloss and the rest of the Victoria Secret angels. (via @karliekloss)
14. Dress Up the Pup: When you’re Paris Hilton, the holidays are no fun unless your canine is dressed up for the occasion. If your pup isn’t having it, a festive collar will do just fine. (via @parishilton)
16. Find Someone to Kiss Under the Mistletoe: ’Tis the season for romance! Here’s one more tip from Chrissy Teigen: Find your love — or your secret crush — and get some romance brewing. (via @chrissyteigen)
Who do you look to for holiday DIY inspiration? Let us know in the comments!