When you’re a kid, you simply cannot wait until your birthday. You count down the days until you’re another year older and tell anyone who will listen. But as you get older, and the number of candles on your cake reaches fire hazard status, birthday parties can quickly lose their appeal. But we’re here to tell you they don’t have to! As long as you have a fire extinguisher nearby, there’s no need to let the candle + cake party die. Birthday parties are awesome, and here are 18 cool candles to make them even better.
2. Tall Gold Candles ($4): Just because you’re about to shove a piece of cake in your mouth doesn’t mean you can’t keep it classy at the same time. Tall, gold candles will add a touch of elegance in an instant. Now wipe that frosting off your face.
5. Giant Birthday Candle Balloons: If you’re someone who thinks bigger is always better, then this is the perfect project for you! These giant candle balloons would make great props for your photo booth and could also double as adorable decor. (via Studio DIY)
6. Colored Flame Candles ($3): When it comes to throwing a party, you can never have too much color. Grab these candles and even boring yellow flames will be a thing of the past.
7. Cake Candelabra ($8): Whether it’s homemade or store bought, every cake deserves to feel special. This chic candelabra will make even the most standard cake look like it belongs in the spotlight.
8. Blinged Out Number: It’s time to break out the glitter and sequins for this DIY project. With a little time, and a little glue, you can take an ordinary numbered candle from drab to fab. (via Dollar Store Crafts)
9. Don’t Ask Candles ($6): No one likes admitting their age, especially when it means you need more than one pack of candles for the cake. Pick up this cheeky set and you’ll avoid the inevitable questions… for a little while anyways.
10. Blooming Flower Candle ($6): This is one candle that will definitely steal the show. It starts off as a closed flower bud, but once it’s lit the center flame lights 14 smaller candles and the whole thing literally blooms open. It even spins to the tune of “Happy Birthday!” The proof is above.
11. Light Bites ($7): At every party there is always one person who gets stuck serving cake and then ends up with the tiny piece that’s left. These fork candle holders will let everyone enjoy the festivities. Just light and bite!
13. Giant Birthday Candles: If your party is a BIG deal, these giant birthday candles are just the right addition. Make them yourself with a few mailing tubes, paint, and that leftover piece of rope in your craft stash. (via Sugar and Cloth)
14. Mustache Candles ($7): I mustache you to make a wish! These cute candles will surely tickle your whiskers.
17. Dynamite Candles ($14): Make sure your party is the bomb with these dynamite candles!
18. Candle Cupcake Toppers: Have a ton of candles to light? Stick with these DIY cupcake toppers instead and you won’t have to race to get them all lit before the wax starts running. (via Icing Designs)
Will any of these candles make an appearance at your next party? Tell us which ones you like in the comments!