14 Creative Takes on the Classic Murphy Bed
Long gone are the uncomfortable, musty hideaway beds that no one wanted to sleep on. Today’s murphy beds can be as stylish as the rest of your home and can fit any decor. With all kinds of creative camouflage, it can blend right into (and enhance) your space. Perfect for small space living, these beds are easily customizable with added design options like an entertainment center, desk or storage cabinets and drawers. And since most of us don’t need a guest room most of the time, these 14 creative murphy beds give you the option to use that space for an office, craft room, or entertainment space.
2. Dual Workspace: You won’t have to choose between pretty home office and convenient guest room with this modern murphy bed. We love how this DIY bed uses patterned wallpaper to create a feeling of continuity and makes it less obvious that there is actually bed against the wall. (via Vanessa Shaffer Designs)
3. Murphy Styling: Just because you don’t use the bed every day doesn’t mean it has to look neglected. Spruce up a murphy bed with crisp white bedding and a few fun throw pillows for a more inviting space. (via Live Simply by Annie)
4. Swivel Wall Bed: From shelves to bed, with a table as an option, this unit is a whole apartment on one wall. It easily converts with a simple swivel movement into an everyday bed that’s plenty big for two. (via Clei)
7. Literate Murphy: If you don’t have the luxury of built-in bookshelves, you can create the illusion of cabinetry by hiding the murphy bed between two tall bookcases. Now doesn’t that look like a cozy spot to curl up a read a good book? (via Apartment Therapy)
8. Make the Bed: The best part of this sofa/couch unit is you don’t have to remove the bedding when you fold up the bed. Tuck it away and it turns into a comfy sofa complete with a decorative floating shelf. (via Bonbon)
12. Cottage Murphy: We could nap for days surrounded by this cozy wood paneling. Instead of adding side tables, this murphy bed utilizes the sides to make niches for holding lamps and other bedside necessities. (via House and Home)
14. Bunk bed Murphy: Murphy for two? This unit gives you the option to have one or two beds fold out of the wall. And with that safety cushion on the top bunk, no one has to worry about falling off. (via Resource Furniture)
Would you use a murphy bed in your home? Talk to us in the comments below!