20 DIY Lace Projects
We say lace, and you think…? SO HIP, SO COOL, SO AMAZE. Okay, maybe not, but after seeing what ladies around the Interwebs are doing with that antique-looking fabric — from revamping a plain denim shirt and decorating pumpkins to designing bridal veils and creating super stylish bookends — that will indeed be your response. Get on these 20 DIY lace projects just as soon as you’ve made it to the bottom of this post.
1. Denim + Lace Shirt: Sure, you lurve your chambray shirt, but the same can be said for everyone else in the world. Set yourself apart by giving originality back with a little lace. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Lacy Planters: Lace-trimmed, cacti-filled planters — the concept is as awesome and versatile as the end result. Use them for bookshelves, party tablescapes and as a bday present for your bestie. (via Brit + Co)
5. Lace-Adorned Pumpkins: Carving — ain’t nobody got time to deal with that mess anymore. No-carve pumpkins are the bomb, and these are especially fun because it’s like dressing up those big round ‘kins in lingerie. Umm, sexy? (via Honestly WTF)
9. Lace Lamp: Create and display this using doilies and a balloon, and your friends will start to wonder if you’re the one behind all those jaw-dropping store displays at Anthropologie. (via Apartment Therapy)
14. Lace Doily Curtain: Deck out your boho abode by using white, ivory and cream-colored doilies to create a curtain that transcends anything your grandma has hanging in her windows. (via Free People Blog)
15. Lace Tambourines: Shake things up at your wedding reception by giving out handmade tambourines that guests can use as music-makers during your exit, then let them take them home as favors. (via Honestly WTF)
20. Lace-Trimmed Dress: Did this just hop off of a hanger from Anthropologie? Nope, but it was inspired by a $300+ Anthropologie find and we have no doubt that it’s going to become your go-to for all those fall weddings you have coming up. (via Life is Beautiful)
What’s your favorite DIY lace project? Share your ideas with us below!