13 Ways to Dress like Your Fave Fall TV Stars
Our favorite TV leading ladies are at it once again, locked into a primetime schedule of kicking ass on-screen and looking so good in the process. Off-screen, it’s largely the same, where the actresses we call our fall lineup bffs are owning their style games, whether they’re grabbing a quick cup of coffee or posing on the red carpet. And so it goes way beyond being sucked in nightly: we’re consistently captivated by these stars and their impressive fashion chops. Scroll through to see how you can dress the part of a small screen celeb with these 13 lookalike finds.
1. Kerry Washington: Sartorially speaking, Kerry is the exact opposite of all-neutral-everything Olivia Pope. The Scandal star is known for indulging in clothes with vibrant colors, playful silhouettes and whimsical prints like this spotted color blocked number. We’re in love with her offbeat take on polka dots — channel that vibe with this rock patterned silk dress ($245).
2. Nina Dobrev: The Vampire Diaries actress is sporting a #throwback trend like a modern day street style star. All we’re saying is if Nina doesn’t make you want to buy a longline blazer ($100), no one will. Keep it chic and short with your hem hitting at mini skirt lengths, or pair with faux leather skinnies for a more everyday look.
3. Gwen Stefani: Gwen’s been making us want to unleash our inner tomboys (and go blonde, and live in red lips, and rock a crop top…) since long before she became a fashion designer or a coach on TheVoice. So it’s only appropriate that we’re still taken with her every style move, including this hella good bomber jacket ($240) + jogger pant combo.
4. Julianne Hough: When Julianne isn’t seated at the judges table on Dancing With the Stars, you can almost certainly spot the dancer in her moto jacket. Besides being a must-have accessory for fall, a biker-style faux leather jacket ($75) can turn up any outfit instantly, and for repping that kind of style hack, we give J a 10.
5. Sophia Bush: When the Chicago PD star isn’t TCB on set, she lets out her girly side in full-force like in this jewel tone floral skirt. Take a cue from the actress and pair your fave frilly skater skirt ($20) with a bold hued blouse and dress up your fingers with gems.
6. Hayden Panettiere: No cowboy boots in sight for this Nashville star — instead, Hayden’s looking super chic in a black and white color blocked gown. Turn this red carpet look into office-ready wear in a two-tone sheath dress ($140) that’s just as picture-perfect.
7. Sarah Hyland: We’re as taken with this Modern Family scene stealer as we are with her ultra trendy style. Consider a high neck crop top ($19) a wardrobe essential for an on-the-pulse look that, as you can see, can easily go from day to night.
8. Kaley Cuoco: The Big Bang Theory star seems to hit every best dressed list when she’s rocking separates, especially when they’re part of a punchy co-ord like this. Make this look fall ready with a matching top ($29) + bottoms ($48) in a deeper hue.
9. Candice Patton: Candice might be the top contender for being our GNO style muse. The Flash star is nailing the fresh + flirty look here in a leather skirt with an asymmetric hem ($72) that pairs perfectly with strappy pumps or chunky moto boots.
10. Lena Dunham: First Lena stepped up her hairstyle by going full-blown platinum, and now it seems the Girls creator is stepping up her style game, too. And although it’s all very, very Lena, we’re having a blast using her quirky stylings as a major source of sartorial inspo. Case in point, her houndstooth number, which looks all kinds of posh reimagined as a checked coat ($158).
11. Mindy Kaling: Mindy’s never been one to shy away from bold color (yet another reason to love the Mindy Project star), even when that means rocking an eye-popping hue from head to toe… er, ankle. Copy her love for all-over color in a bright jumpsuit ($54) you can wear all fall under a drapey kimono.
12. Emma Roberts: The American Horror Story actress’ punky style sensibilities make us want to rock out on the regular. Channel Emma’s effortless cool in a fuzzy sweater ($68) aka the coziest way to look edgy ever.
13. Cristin Milioti: Cristin seems like she’s a pattern-loving kind of girl, and obviously we couldn’t approve more of that sensibility. Copy the A to Z star’s classic look to a tee with a black and white floral dress ($14) that’s all kinds of pretty — just add color with a bold lip.
Which TV star’s style are you stealing? Tell us in the comments below.