15 Creative Ways to Cook With Apricots
Barbie has Skipper, Beyoncé has Solange, peaches have apricots. As the little sis of everyone’s favorite summer stone fruit, what apricots lack in size, they make up for in flavor. Tart, delicate and impeccably crisp, they are like biting into a summer’s day. We’ve found 15 of the yummiest recipes to steal the show at your next party. But hurry — these babies are only in-season until the end of July.
2. Grilled Cheese With Mascarpone, Apricots and Chocolate: Who says your GC has to be savory? Skip the tomato soup and satisfy your inner kid with this version. (via Not Without Salt)
9. Broiled Apricots and Cherries With Ricotta and Thyme: Light and sweet, this dish is sure to be a summertime hit. Serve with fresh whipped cream or meringue. (viaDash and Bella)
10. Peach + Strawberry + Apricot Shake: We are always up for a good milkshake, and this one reigns supreme for this summer. Blend all your favorites into an ultra-healthy, ice-cold shake on a hot day! (viaFamily Fresh Cooking)
11. Jeweled Dark Chocolate Bark: Bark isn’t only for Christmastime. We adore this luxurious chocolate version that would be perfect as a gift for a hostess or for yourself. (viaIn Sock Monkey Slippers )
12. Apricot Bars: For the gals that love citrus-y lemon bars, try an apricot version. A handful of oats acts as a topping that mellows out the sweetness, because the filling tastes nostalgically like fruit leather. (viaRice on White Couple )
13. Apricot Chutney Ham and Cheese With Spiced Caramel Crust: Ham and cheese has never been more jazzy. Plus, a good chutney recipe is something every culinary maven must master! (viaFood52)
14. Breakfast Israeli Couscous With Apricots, Almonds and Coconut: Couscous is daunting, but this breakfast delight is super easy and oh-so sophisticated. (via Gimme Some Oven)
How will you be eating apricots this summer? Any signature recipes we must know about? Comment below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)