15 Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts That Go Beyond Eggs
Eggs are great and all, but when it comes to low-carb breakfast choices a little variety is goes a long way. These 15 satisfying selections go beyond the usual scramble to infuse mornings with a little more excitement. You can enjoy knowing that these muffins, pancakes, breads and more won’t spike your blood sugar or leave you hungry in a couple hours. Though when lunchtime does roll around, we have you covered there too.
1. Healthy Pumpkin Pie Muffins: You won’t find any butter or oil in these muffins. Instead, peanut butter and pumpkin take its place. And the nutty-spicy pairing works wonderfully with chocolate chips. (via Baking is a Science)
5. Flax Waffles: These waffles may be high and fiber and protein, but they deliver a light texture with every bite. And while they are lacking in flour, they are full of flavor (and butter). (via Pure and Simple Recipes)
6. Egg Muffins With Ham: Pop these quick-to-prepare muffins in the oven while you get ready in the morning. They’ll be ready when you’re heading out the door for perfect on-the-go noshing. (via Food Faith Fitness)
12. Hazelnut Mocha Breakfast Cereal (Paleo): A few spoonfuls of cocoa powder make this cereal taste like more of a treat than a healthy breakfast choice. With coffee baked right in, every bowlful will give you a little extra energy boost. (via The Primitive Palate)
14. Grain-Free Hemp Heart Porridge (Paleo): You won’t find any grains in this porridge. Made with just nuts, seeds, a few seasonings and non-dairy milk, every serving packs a hearty 24 grams of fiber to keep you full ’til lunch. (via Healthful Pursuit)
Tell us: What’s your favorite way to go low-carb in the morning?