A Beginner’s Guide to Clean Eating: Recipes to Get You Started
When it comes to healthy eating, nothing can really top clean eating recipes. More moderate than low-carb diets or low-fat ones, clean eating simply requires you to eat real, *unprocessed* foods. This means eliminating grains, most dairy, sugars, and artificial ingredients, and instead choosing foods that can be prepared and consumed directly as they’re harvested. In other words, meats, vegetables, nuts, fruit, naturally occurring sugars, and starchy carbohydrates such as potatoes and gourds. If you’re ready to make the switch to healthy meals, these clean-eating recipes will take you from breakfast all the way through dessert.
1. Egg Clouds: Start the day off right with eggs fit for a queen. Loaded with healthy fats, this alternative style of cooking your eggs will help you begin the day with necessary nourishment to keep your day balanced.
3. Twice Baked Sweet Potato Egg Boat: Sweet potatoes are a beloved standby for most clean eaters, and for good reason. When you’re no longer eating regular bread, you really miss toast. Sweet potatoes make for an amazing substitution, and are packed with all kinds of vital nutrients — and flavor.
5. Mermaid Veggie Sushi Bowl: Sushi is clean-diet-approved as it’s packed with tons of vitamins and minerals. These veggie-filled bowls showcase the flavors of mango and cabbage as well as ginger, tofu, and soy.
7. Chicken Zoodle Soup: Check out this nutrient-packed chicken soup. It’s loaded with superfood ingredients like ghee, garlic, carrots, and fresh zoodles. Nourish yourself while fighting off colds.
8. Keto Ramen Zoodles: Here’s another replacement for a carb-heavy dinner fave: ramen. The flavors of zucchini noodles are played up with onion, garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos.
12. Animal Style Whole30 Burger: Speaking of indulgences, this In N’ Out inspired burger recipe is amazing at keeping you full all day. It’s also packed with protein, fiber, and healthy carbs to keep you full and satisfied.
13. Three-Ingredient Blue Magik Nice Cream: It really doesn’t get much simpler than this. As the title suggests, these little treats are made with just three healthy ingredients: bananas, blue magik, and vanilla.