19 of the Most Creative Cake Toppers for EVERY Couple
Your wedding day is all about you and your fiancé. The ceremony, the dress and suit, festivities, decor, food and entertainment are basically a way to showcase your personalities and celebrate your love, right? Well, we’ve taken personal right down to the finishing touches. We’re talking wedding cake toppers, but we’ve moved beyond the traditional bride and groom figurines. We’ve scoured the trends, from silhouettes to cute typographic one-liners and even crowns, to showcase 19 wedding cake toppers that take the cake.
2. Crowned Cake Topper ($38): If you don’t top the icing on the cake with a beautiful gilded crown, then you can go ahead and hop off the trend train. Crowns are where it’s at in the cake deco department this year.
5. Geometric Paper Cranes ($54): These acrylic paper cranes are a sure way to bestow good fortune on your wedding day. According to Japanese legend, the crane is a powerful symbol of luck, longevity and happiness.
6. Fringe Hearts: Just like a piñata, these fringe hearts can be made to hold something special inside. Stash a memento to crack open on your anniversary or fill them with a fun surprise and whack ’em open on your wedding day. (via Julep)
7. Moss Monogram: Monograms are a classy way to add a bit of personal flair to your big day. If your decor is boho, vintage or woodland, we couldn’t think of a better cake topper than this little moss number right here. (via Lisa Leonard)
11. Pampas Grass: Whimsy meets modern design in this simple, pampas grass-topped cake. The color possibilities are endless, as you can dip-dye, glitter and paint the grass any color you want to match your wedding day decor. (via Jose Villa)
14. Hand-Painted Lil’ Cake Toppers ($225): We’ve fallen head over heels in love with Lil’ Cake Toppers. Graphic designer Esther Mun hand paints little wooden toppers and customizes them to look just like the bride and groom.
16. Kissing Flamingos ($138): Tropical romance flutters atop your wedding cake with these cute and frilly kissing flamingos. They’re a sweet touch for tropical affairs, destination weddings and those decking their day in pink.
18. Origami Figures ($75): We are crazy in love with these hand-folded origami toppers. Lu Sun, the origami artist behind these amazing creations, can customize the figures so you can add that personal flair to your big day.
Are you getting hitched in 2015? Tell us what’s topping your cake at the main event down below.