19 of the Most Creative Cake Toppers for EVERY Couple
Your wedding day is all about you and your fiancé. The ceremony, the dress and suit, festivities, decor, food and entertainment are basically a way to showcase your personalities and celebrate your love, right? Well, we’ve taken personal right down to the finishing touches. We’re talking wedding cake toppers, but we’ve moved beyond the traditional bride and groom figurines. We’ve scoured the trends, from silhouettes to cute typographic one-liners and even crowns, to showcase 19 wedding cake toppers that take the cake.
2. Crowned Cake Topper ($38): If you don’t top the icing on the cake with a beautiful gilded crown, then you can go ahead and hop off the trend train. Crowns are where it’s at in the cake deco department this year.
5. Geometric Paper Cranes ($54): These acrylic paper cranes are a sure way to bestow good fortune on your wedding day. According to Japanese legend, the crane is a powerful symbol of luck, longevity and happiness.
6. Fringe Hearts: Just like a piñata, these fringe hearts can be made to hold something special inside. Stash a memento to crack open on your anniversary or fill them with a fun surprise and whack ’em open on your wedding day. (via Julep)
7. Moss Monogram: Monograms are a classy way to add a bit of personal flair to your big day. If your decor is boho, vintage or woodland, we couldn’t think of a better cake topper than this little moss number right here. (via Lisa Leonard)
11. Pampas Grass: Whimsy meets modern design in this simple, pampas grass-topped cake. The color possibilities are endless, as you can dip-dye, glitter and paint the grass any color you want to match your wedding day decor. (via Jose Villa)
14. Hand-Painted Lil’ Cake Toppers ($225): We’ve fallen head over heels in love with Lil’ Cake Toppers. Graphic designer Esther Mun hand paints little wooden toppers and customizes them to look just like the bride and groom.
16. Kissing Flamingos ($138): Tropical romance flutters atop your wedding cake with these cute and frilly kissing flamingos. They’re a sweet touch for tropical affairs, destination weddings and those decking their day in pink.
18. Origami Figures ($75): We are crazy in love with these hand-folded origami toppers. Lu Sun, the origami artist behind these amazing creations, can customize the figures so you can add that personal flair to your big day.
Are you getting hitched in 2015? Tell us what’s topping your cake at the main event down below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)