19 of the Most Creative Cake Toppers for EVERY Couple
Your wedding day is all about you and your fiancé. The ceremony, the dress and suit, festivities, decor, food and entertainment are basically a way to showcase your personalities and celebrate your love, right? Well, we’ve taken personal right down to the finishing touches. We’re talking wedding cake toppers, but we’ve moved beyond the traditional bride and groom figurines. We’ve scoured the trends, from silhouettes to cute typographic one-liners and even crowns, to showcase 19 wedding cake toppers that take the cake.
1. Mini Mylar Balloons ($22): If your post-ceremony féte is filled with flair and fun, then you need these mini mylar balloons atop your cake. Nothing spells F-U-N like balloons.
2. Crowned Cake Topper ($38): If you don’t top the icing on the cake with a beautiful gilded crown, then you can go ahead and hop off the trend train. Crowns are where it’s at in the cake deco department this year.
3. Marquee Light Up Topper ($300): If you’re going to say something, say it LOUD. That’s where this mini marquee sign comes into play.
4. Cupid’s Arrow ($30): Nothing communicates love more than Cupid’s arrow. Spread the love by piercing your cake with a little of Cupid’s luck.
5. Geometric Paper Cranes ($54): These acrylic paper cranes are a sure way to bestow good fortune on your wedding day. According to Japanese legend, the crane is a powerful symbol of luck, longevity and happiness.
6. Fringe Hearts: Just like a piñata, these fringe hearts can be made to hold something special inside. Stash a memento to crack open on your anniversary or fill them with a fun surprise and whack ’em open on your wedding day. (via Julep)
7. Moss Monogram: Monograms are a classy way to add a bit of personal flair to your big day. If your decor is boho, vintage or woodland, we couldn’t think of a better cake topper than this little moss number right here. (via Lisa Leonard)
8. Confetti Hearts: Party happy and celebrate your love. That’s what these confetti cake toppers are all about. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
9. Spun Sugar: Want to make a dramatic statement while keeping things minimal? Don your confection with class, and add a spun sugar topper like this. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
10. Blooming Succulents: We can’t think of anything more beautiful to top your cake. If you’re looking for an inexpensive, trendy topper, these succulents will deliver. (via Flora and Fauna)
11. Pampas Grass: Whimsy meets modern design in this simple, pampas grass-topped cake. The color possibilities are endless, as you can dip-dye, glitter and paint the grass any color you want to match your wedding day decor. (via Jose Villa)
12. Rustic Grapevine Topper ($64): An enchanting woodland-inspired topper is a nice touch to a vintage, boho or outdoor wedding.
13. Olive Leaf Heart Topper: A symbol of peace, the olive branch is right on trend with weddings opting for lush greenery instead of over-the-top blooms for decor. (via One Love)
14. Hand-Painted Lil’ Cake Toppers ($225): We’ve fallen head over heels in love with Lil’ Cake Toppers. Graphic designer Esther Mun hand paints little wooden toppers and customizes them to look just like the bride and groom.
15. 3D Cake Topper: Check it out, tech lovahs: It’s like you and your sweetie are actually standing atop your wedding cake. For reals, you can 3D print you and your beloved in miniature. (via Lally)
16. Kissing Flamingos ($138): Tropical romance flutters atop your wedding cake with these cute and frilly kissing flamingos. They’re a sweet touch for tropical affairs, destination weddings and those decking their day in pink.
17. Cygnus Cake Topper ($14): We couldn’t think of anything more swoon-worthy than these swans, which give off a vintage vibe. (photo via Coco Tran)
18. Origami Figures ($75): We are crazy in love with these hand-folded origami toppers. Lu Sun, the origami artist behind these amazing creations, can customize the figures so you can add that personal flair to your big day.
19. Puppy Love Topper: Dog lovers, take note: This cake topper was made for you. This is puppy love at its finest. (via Love Is A Bird)
Are you getting hitched in 2015? Tell us what’s topping your cake at the main event down below.