All moms are not created equal. Sure, some crave a leisurely mimosa-laden brunch or a mother-daughter mani-pedi outing for Mother’s Day, but we also know moms who are up for an impromptu road trip, baseball game or epic karaoke sesh. No matter what kind of mama you have, it’s time to step up your Mother’s Day game with these 15 activities.
1. Go on a Weekend Getaway: If your relationship is on the Rory-Lorelei side of the spectrum, you can probably handle a fun weekend getaway. Try a relaxing spa package, a museum-centric urban destination or something a little more outdoorsy like whitewater rafting or mountain biking. (Photo via Inn to Inn)
2. Thrift ‘Til You Drop: Retail therapy is a relaxing activity for many a mom, but why not be a little more adventurous and hit up some local thrift shops? They’re cheaper and full of rare vintage gems that are ripe for the upcycling. High Plains Thrifter has a fabulous beginner’s guide to power-thrifting to get you ready. (Photo via High Plains Thrifter)
3. Make Her Fave Food Into a DIY Spread: Is mom crazy for popcorn, or does she dig donut holes? Set up a fun, festive DIY food bar for the whole fam featuring her favorite snacks.
4. Mother-Daughter Yoga: Maybe you’ve got a Lululemon-sporting lady, or she’s never even said “namaste.” Either way, a grown-up version of a Mommy-and-Me yoga class can be a great way to bond and relax together. (Adorable photo shoot optional.)
6. Be Baseball Fans: Does mom root, root, root for the home team? If not, no worries: Even the sports-illiterate can have a ton of fun at baseball games. Pro tip: Minor League games are just as much fun, and you’ll avoid spending an entire paycheck at the stadium. (Photo via @yankees)
7. Do Karaoke: Put all that car-ride harmonizing to good use at your favorite karaoke spot. Bonus points if you serenade her with Sting. (Photo via Karaoke Anywhere)
9. Hit Up the Dive Bar: Proceed at your own risk. If you’re not careful, mom just might drink you under the table. Maybe Dad can be sober cab…
10. Make Homemade Face Scrubs: Thrifty, beauty product-loving moms will be thrilled that they can make their favorite face scrubs at home.
14. Impromptu Road Trip: Rent a convertible and make like Thelma + Louise — without all the tragedy, of course. Just think of the selfies you’ll take!
15. Garden Together: Not to stereotype, but moms tend to know what they’re doing in this department. So why not dig in the dirt together?
What will you do for your mom on Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!