For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
Our desks are basically our little homes away from home . And since we’re so busy at work, they’ve gotten a *little* out of hand in the organization department . So our New Year’s resolution is to get (and keep!) our desks organized this year. We took to some of our favorite blogs to get a little inspo on how to organize them in the chicest way possible. Scroll through to take a peek at 20 of the best tips we found.
1. DIY Hanging Wall Pockets: Receipts and invoices flood our workspace on the reg, so this is the perfect solution. See ya later, clutter! (via Emily Henderson )
2. DIY Desktop Calligraphy Calendar: Tired of checking that laptop or phone for dates? A chic desktop calendar can really transform your workspace . DIY this desktop beauty with free printables (yes, free) and your very own paint pen designs. (via Brit + Co )
3. Tray: Stay ultra organized by keeping a tray on your desk. Things to put in the tray? The possibilities are endless, but we think it’s a great li’l home for notepads and fun tape dispensers. (via Living in Color Print )
5. DIY Clip-on Organizers: DIY these super chic white and neon containers to stay organized. Because there’s no need to sacrifice any of that precious desk real estate when you can just clip it on . (via Brit + Co )
6. Under-Desk Storage: Looking to organize #likeaboss? Use the space under your desk to your advantage. That’s where you can hide the not-so-pretty stuff. You know, like the bills and such. (via Pretty Providence )
10. DIY Cookie Sheet Memo Boards: Magnetic memo boards can actually be a surprisingly elegant way to store all those extra notes and photos. Paint ’em, stripe ’em, or dot ’em — no matter what, these boards will add personality and order to your desk. (via Brit + Co )
11. Desk Organizer: Using an organizer to organize your desk? Hmm, that’s a thought. We definitely need somewhere to put all of that washi tape. (via The Everygirl )
12. Hang Your Calendar: Pressed for space? Get your planner and to-do list off your desk by hanging up a clipboard. Bonus points if it’s gold. (via My Fabuless Life )
13. Paper Organizer: Using an organizer like this is essential if you need paper at your fingertips. (via Style Me Pretty )
14. Planners on Planners: If you have optimal space and want to be optimally organized, then double planners are a definite must. Plus, a cup of joe never hurt anybody. (via The Paper Chronicles )
15. DIY Succulent & Supply Holder Bookends: A DIY project that serves four purposes is the holy grail of crafting. Bookends with storage, a memo board, and greenery are a fantastic space-saver for small desks. (via I SPY DIY )
16. DIY Desk Organizing Jars: You don’t need to spend crazy money to corral the clutter that naturally accumulates. Repurposed jars and some leftover paint create the perfect receptacles for all your gel pens and troll pencil ends. (via Better Homes & Gardens )
17. DIY Cord Labels: Past a certain age you can’t get away with having a jumble of cords under your desk, let alone pulling them one by one until you figure out which one goes with what. Get smart and use some washi tape to take the guesswork out of your gadget sitch. (via The Chic Site )
18. DIY Giant Mouse Pad: The desk you bought thinking it would be perfect for your mouse actually turned out to be awful, and now you need a giant mouse pad so that your computer mouse can glide around without messing up a simple drag-and-drop. (via Life Ann Style )
19. Junk Drawer Organizer: Beautiful trays or even recycled boxes make for great compartmentalized storage in a deep drawer. They help create natural groupings of similar items and look pretty too. (via Modish & Main )
20. Container Store Three by Three Ashwood Up-Rise! Desk Organizer ($99): Whoever invented computer risers is an actual genius. This one uses the same tabletop real estate that our desktop usually occupies, and has little cubbies for all kinds of things.
How do you get your office organized? Tell us @BritandCo !
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau)