16 Gadgets + Bed Accessories That Want to Help You Sleep Better
This week is Sleep Awareness Week — are you getting enough? While it’s fun to see the sleeping habits of the rich and famous, what your sleeping position says about your relationship and even when the best time is to go to sleep, you can’t really get the full seven to eight+ hours needed unless you have the best bedroom accessories and gadgets. Check out some of our faves below, then go and catch some much needed Zzs on the daily — err, nightly.
1. Casper ($500-$950): This mattress unites memory and latex foams to allow for a cool sleep, a healthy bounce and ideal anatomic support. Available in all six standard sizes, backed by a 10-year warranty with a 100-night trail period and delivered to your door without having to set foot into a mattress store (and fully compressible to fit through any door), this *just right* bed will have you sleeping soundly every single night.
2. Withings Aura ($300): This sleep tracker is placed under your mattress (yep, no on-your-arm wearable action) to monitor everything from your tossing and turning to your heart + breathing rates to uncover how well your sleeping is — or isn’t. The bonus perk to this device is its ambient light, which just so happens to double as an alarm clock. The light monitors temperature changes in the room and other environmental aspects to work with the monitor and discover the reasons behind your sleeping problem areas. This thing is seriously smart. If you’re a restless sleeper, the Aura may be just what you’ve been looking for to solve those long nights of insomnia.
3. Crane + Canopy’s Nova Duvet Cover ($30-$169): The luxury bedding brand has an innovative bedding product that is going to alter your sleeping routine and bed-making habits. The duvet cover allows you to make your bed up to 80% faster with its 2-in-1 combo of a duvet cover and a flat sheet. Not only does this comforter eliminate the need for the pesky flat sheet, but it also simplifies the dreaded task of stuffing the comforter into a duvet cover. Get one of these and you’re pretty much guaranteeing yourself the feeling of staying in the nicest, most exotic Airbnb around.
4. Remee ($95): If you’re looking for a sleep mask that enhances your REM experience, look no further. After you slide it over your sleepy eyes, the mask gets to work to help increase the frequency of your lucid dreams. By using low-profile electronics hidden within the mask, the eye cover provides customizable light patterns that your mind recognizes. Why not try it out and get your lucid on?
5. Shadow (Request iOS + Android invite): This innovative alarm clock helps you to record and remember your dreams. Because there’s nothing worse than forgetting them, right? It works through escalating alarms that wake you up and ask you to either type, speak or answer questions about your dream. Then once you start recording countless dreams, patterns start to emerge and you will discover trends in your sleep. Sounds pretty sci-fi if you ask us.
6. Misfit Beddit ($150): This smart device, which lays across your mattress similar to the Aura, helps you to track how long you sleep, your sleep cycles, awake time and heart rate. Every morning you can head over to the app to check out your results (hopefully not too many improvements will be needed). If changes are in order, you can set goals (like an earlier bedtime ;) within the app or even put on some ambient sounds to lull you into slumber. The Beddit is also super smart, and will wake you up with its alarm when you’re in a light sleep cycle so you don’t wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Just try and make sure that light sleep cycle happens before you’re supposed to be at work.
7. Brookstone Bed Fan ($100): If you’re sick of feeling too warm under the sheets but love the comfort of being covered up, this is the item for you. This fan slides under your sheets to keep you cool the whole time you’re snoozing. Now cuddle up under those sheets without the worry of waking up in a sweaty mess.
8. Sheex ($20-$104): You can totally pair this performance sleepwear (available also as sheets!) with the bed fan. These hoodies, shirts, pants, tanks, bras and boxers keep you from overheating and waking up sweaty (gross!). Sleep Fit tech is used to create the fabric (similar to Lululemon + Nike sweat-wicking attire) to keep you feeling comfy + cozy no matter the temp in your room. We’re totally ready to slip these on and slide between the sheets.
9. Tuft + Needle ($250-$750): These foam mattresses are designed and crafted to be not too soft or too hard, so your body will be evenly and comfortably distributed for maximum comfort. With a 10-year warranty and 30-night trial period, you can try out this sleeper to ensure this is the one you want to share every night with.
10. Sense by Hello ($129): This sleep device pays extra attention to sleep activities (movement, best wake up times, etc.) while also monitoring your environment to make sense of what is impacting your sleep. Looking like a beautiful night light — the perfect accessory for your charging nightstand — the sphere turns colors depending on the condition of your room. Say hello to your newest sleep friend.
11. Dreampad ($179): This pillow plays music only you can hear to help you fall asleep without annoying your bed partner. After connecting your music-playing device, the pillow uses a special technology to send vibrations to the bony area around the middle and inner ear to facilitate relaxation responses. Whether Taylor Swift or Iggy Azalea help you fall asleep, turn your music on and start counting those sheep.
12. Jawbone UP ($50-$180): The fitness (+ sleep) tracker monitors your deep + light sleep, how many hours you caught the Zzzs and if you did any sleep walking. It even helps to wake you up. The wearable is basically your personal sleeping trainer. Now the pressure’s on to impress it.
13. Sunn Light ($289 Pre-Order): This gorgeous LED light uses smart technology to adjust its color and brightness depending on how bright the real sun is shining. So when the sun is rising, so is the device’s actual light output, allowing you to wake up naturally. Sounds like the equivalent of waking up on the beach (without the sand) to us.
14. Pillow (Free on iOS): This advanced sleep tracking alarm clock makes it effortless to measure and track the quality of your sleep, improves the way you wake up and helps you learn more about your sleep while giving you tools for improving it. If analytics are your thing, this is the sleeping app for you.
15. Bedphones ($60): These headphones designed for the bed are essential for those looking for the full bedtime tune experience. Not only are the super thin, but they also fit to your ear so they don’t get lost in your bed if you happen to be someone that tosses and turns throughout the night. While these are perfect for resting your head and listening to music to get you to sleep, you’re also totally allowed to rock out with them throughout the rest of your day too.
16. Neuro:On ($299 Pre-Order): This brainwave monitoring sleep mask lets you get the beauty sleep you’ve been craving without having to go a full seven to eight hours a night. The main purpose of this mask is to make your sleep time more efficient by enabling polyphasic sleep. Spoiler alert: you’ll be taking power naps throughout the day. If you’re ready to add more hours to your day, save up your coins and prep your eyes for this gadget.
Which sleeping products will you be snuggling up with? Let us know in the comments.