The 20 Hottest Summer Nail Polish Shades
We’re all smiles here at Brit HQ about anything and everything remotely related to summer. Naturally, as the beauty-loving team that we are, exciting new nail polish colors are at the top of our agenda. When you’re completely over nail art, there’s no better way to make a “splash” into summer than with an aquatic blue or peachy-coral hue. Here are 20 colors that will allow you to channel your inner beach babe, even when you’re stuck in the office.
1. Zoya “Tilda” ($9): In case you haven’t heard, punchy kiwi colored nails are all the rage this summer! Pair with a bright orange accent nail for a quirky statement (or heck, go all out and create DIY kiwi nails!).
2. Revlon “Lime Basil” ($5): Make your friends green with envy with a highly pigmented green shade like this one.
3. Zoya “Kitridge” ($9): This pretty bubblegum shade is so pretty… you could say that we’re tickled pink over it!
4. OPI “Hotter Than You Pink” ($7): When a soft pink just isn’t cutting it, don’t hesitate to pull out all the stops with an ultra-girly shade of Barbie’s fave.
5. Essie “Master Plan” ($9): A cross between taupe and soft gray, this minimalist shade is a great alternative to your traditional nude polish. Not to mention, it’s flattering for all skin tones!
6. Essie “Urban Jungle” ($9): For every neon nail color you try on, you’re going to want a nice neutral to come back to. This clean, alabaster orchid hue can be worn as-is or jazzed up with a sparkly accent nail.
7. Nicole by OPI “The Next CEO” ($6): Just as its name suggests, be a boss with this shimmering metallic gold lacquer.
8. Revlon “Beachy” ($5): While you should never judge a book (or rather a nail polish) by its cover, this SCENTED nail enamel appropriately titled, “Beachy” says it all! Besides the fact that this coppery shade will look great paired with a tan, we can’t help but wonder if the polish really smells like the beach.
9. Nicole by OPI “That’s Just Grape” ($8): Why not opt for a deeper shade of violet that is both mesmerizing and irresistible in its own right?
14. Essie “Butler Please” ($9): Our comprehensive guide to summer nail colors wouldn’t be complete without a mesmerizing shade of blue. Here’s a bright cobalt that needs no introduction — it’s a game-changer.
15. Sally Hansen “Play Koi” ($5): Orange you so ready for summer? This citrysy shade is guaranteed to bring a bold pop to your nails.
16. Essie “Roarrrrange” ($9): One great thing about the color orange is that it’ll always keep you on your toes. So you better run, not walk, to snatch up this nail lacquer before it’s gone.
17. OPI “Color So Hot It Berns” ($8): Sorry-we’re-not-sorry, but red nails are kind of obligatory during the summer months. And every other month.
18. Zoya “Wendy” ($9): Having a coral crush is something that happens to the best of us… mostly because it looks amazing with a tan. It’s safe to say we’re hooked!
19. Sally Hansen “Dive In” ($5): Any nail lacquer that promises long-lasting, glossy nails is good in our book. This beautiful shade of teal is not only super wearable, but it’s also the epitome of summer (and will fit right in with our zany printed shorts).
20. Sally Hansen “Vanity Flare” ($5): This daring shade of purple was made for a little game of mix-and-match. In fact, we dare you to alternate it with “Dive In” for a standout manicure that rules them all.
Which nail polish color will you be wearing on repeat all summer long? Let us know in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.