Well, it looks like Emily Maynard won’t be accepting any more roses or pinning them on any lapels anytime soon. Our favorite ex-Bachelorette shared pictures of her gorgeous, surprise ceremony that took place in June on her blog. It might have taken her a couple of tries to find Mr. Right (join that club, girl), but we are sure glad that she did! Want to achieve Emily’s simple, yet breathtaking, wedding décor? Let us help you steal some of Emily’s wedding swag with a couple of DIY Brit + Co ideas. The only thing that could have made this wedding more surprising + awesome, would have been if Chris Harrison had shown up to officiate ;)
If you are looking for a more affordable wedding cake, make our Epic Gold Cake that is covered in EDIBLE GOLD CONFETTI (Yes, you read that right). And for an added plus, there is champagne in the batter. Who can say no?!
2. Stackable Rings + a Gorg Bridal Mani: Seriously, Emily’s ring finger is blinding us (and we are good with it)! Her wedding nail art is oh-so delicate and easy to DIY with a blush bottom coat and silver glitter radiating from the cuticle area.
If you are tired of the traditional single wedding band, opt out for the new stackable trend. You can also build up your finger bling each year as an anniversary present — love that idea. Though we love diamonds, rings don’t always have to be flashy. Try sliding a couple of these Thin Gold Chain rings on from the Brit + Co Shop to make a statement and use our jewelry-stacking tutorial as a guide on your big day.
3. Table Props: Forget the ol’ disposable cameras on the table, Emily updated the idea of displaying pictures with an Image3D ViewMaster of custom slides of the happy couple. You could DIY the idea by printing out Instagrams of your love, too — we have a whole bunch of ways to bring your ‘grams to life here.
The idea to set up a little postcard station for guests to send you well wishes is a genius one. Why not combine that + photos with our little tutorial on how to turn a Polaroid into a postcard!
4. Cozy Bar + Photo-Worthy Backdrop: Wouldn’t you love to just sit back and have a cocktail in this cozy setting? Yea, us too! Creating a soft, golden atmosphere for a pre-reception cocktail hour can be simple. Just add a bar (of ANY kind: ice cream, alcohol, coffee — you know the rest), simple lighting, and a couple of mis-matched furniture pieces, and you are ready to go. That backdrop is easy to DIY and can even turn into a photo backdrop after cocktail hour is over. Here’s a super simple tutorial for a 5-minute backdrop and 15 ribbon backdrop ideas here.
5. Simple Bouquet: These days, you can spice absolutely anything up. But we like to also remember the “simpler” things in life, even when it comes to our wedding bouquet! Emily chose a white bouquet with a tiny bit of peek-a-boo color. Whether you choose a fuller + more colorful bouquet, or a couple of dainty flowers, make sure you tie it up with love.
6. Gold Mini Tables: Check out E’s bold, gold stumps — how cool?! These pieces of decor are WAY too fabulous to prop your feet on. Use them as a suitable + stylish place to rest your drink! Let us help you easily re-create this look with a mini gold table that can be hacked in just two easy steps and used way after the wedding is over.
7. Rustic Lanterns: Light up the night with little lanterns throughout your reception. Whether they are hanging from trees or lighting up a pathway, they will be sure to make a statement. Our DIY version is SUPER EASY. The best part about these sweet little lanterns, is that the natural tone of the twine goes well with any color palette.
8. DIY Photo Booth: There is nothing more fun than a good, old-fashioned photo booth! You can rent, but why not DIY? Save a little cash and make this awesome slow motion photo booth with lotttts of fun props to use.
9. A DIY Bar: Whether cocktails or a sweet treat at the end of the night, your DIY options for setting up sweet stations at your event are practically endless. We had our eyes on Emily’s cocktail station. With a signature cocktail of you and your sweetie’s choice (we got a bunch to choose from here!) and a menu (yup, we got you covered with DIYs for that too ;) this can be better than any open bar.
10. Colorful Confetti: Confetti is a big deal these days. Right behind the photo booth, confetti comes in as a close second to the most fun part of a wedding. Emily + Tyler chose to leave their ceremony in a sea of colorful confetti, as should YOU (look at that fab photo op). Make these crazy confetti cones to give to guests as you ride off into the sunset.
Do you love Emily’s wedding style? What from her wedding would you borrow for your next event? Let us know in the comments!