20 Healthy Weekday Breakfast Recipes for Fall
We’ve been on the lookout for some hearty and healthy fall-inspired breakfasts to get us through the work week. After all, nothing cuts the Monday blues quite like a hot bowl (or cup) of something yummy and pumpkin-y, right? This post is chock full of breakfast recipes made with seasonal ingredients like maple syrup, sweet potatoes and (of course) pumpkin. Think pumpkin oatmeal smoothies, apple cinnamon baked oatmeal and even sweet potato waffles. One side of turkey bacon, please!
1. Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Bars: These breakfast bars, made with canned pumpkin, old-fashioned oats and molasses, are a delicious way to help that Monday morning fly by. Whip them up the night before so they’re ready to grab-and-go the next day. (via I Should be Mopping the Floor)
2. Sweet Potato Spanish Omelette: Make this amazing sweet potato Spanish omelette for dinner one night, and set the leftovers aside for breakfast the next day. You can chow down on this egg-y delight when it’s cold, or warm it up in the office microwave if you’re looking for a hot morning meal. (via Goodness Green)
4. Butternut Squash, Arugula and Bacon Quiche: Here’s another egg dish you can serve up for dinner and then wrap up to go for breakfast the next morning. This time, instead of sweet potato, we opted for some butternut squash, and for a healthier version, try using turkey bacon instead of the normal stuff. (via Gimme Some Oven)
5. Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal: Forget that boring pack of instant oats. This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal will have your taste buds praising the fall gods. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
7. Pumpkin Spiced Breakfast Quinoa: Who knew quinoa could be made into a hot breakfast cereal? This pumpkin spiced quinoa topped with pecans is served hot and with almond milk. (via Once Upon a Cutting Board)
8. Sweet Potato Bacon Waffles: On those rare weekday mornings when you wake up with enough time to prepare yourself (and your loved ones) a full sit-down breakfast, try making these sweet potato bacon waffles! They’re gluten and grain free ;) (via Savory Lotus)
11. Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins: These whole wheat apple muffins are out of control, especially with that crunchy topping. For a healthier option, eschew the topping and use all whole wheat flour instead. (via Pinch of Yum)
12. Paleo Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: On those weekday mornings when pancakes are just absolutely necessary, cooking up these paleo puppies made with almond butter and take them to go. Your entire office will be totally jealous. (via Paleo Newbie)
16. Waffle Iron-Baked Apple Chips: These one-minute waffle iron apple chips will make a yummy breakfast snack, or top your morning oatmeal with these chippies for some extra flavor. (via Cupcake Project)
17. Sweet Potato, Egg White and Black Beans Breakfast Burrito: Talk about protein packed! Prep your ingredients the night before so all you’ll have to do is build your burrito in the morning. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
19. Ham, Apple and Sweet Potato Scramble: Next time you’re scrambling up some eggs, toss in a heaping handful of sweet potatoes, ham and chopped apples for the perfect fall breakfast. (via Paleo Newbie)
What’s your favorite fall breakfast? Tell us about it in the comments!