18 Fresh + Clean Citrus Beauty DIYs
Winter may be dull and gray, but there is one bright ray of sunshine in all that cold snow and rain: It’s the season for citrus fruits! Our favorite bright and clean-smelling fruits — including lemons, grapefruit, orange and lime — bring a much-needed taste of sunshine into this dark and dreary time of year. Besides whipping up plenty of tasty snacks and drinks with these beauties, we’ve been scouring the Internet to find some sweet beauty DIYs you can make with citrusy treats. Using the natural astringent properties in citrus, these DIYs will have you looking and smelling so fresh and so clean. Check out some of our top picks for citrus beauty must-haves to make on your very own.
2. Grapefruit Avocado Oil Scrub: This easy DIY recipe uses light and gentle avocado oil, which won’t clog your pores. Get ready to feel and smell amazing after incorporating it into your weekly routine. (via Brit + Co)
3. Orange Coconut Whipped Body Butter: Smooth this on irritated or dry winter skin for fast relief. You’ll have baby-soft, summery-smelling skin all winter long with this easy recipe. (via Hello Natural)
4. Citrus Sunshine Perfume: Just because it’s gray outside doesn’t mean you can’t bring a little brightness to your day with this light and fresh perfume. Customize your batch with different ratios of oil to get that perfect, totally-you scent. (via Hello Natural)
5. DIY Body Scrub: This basic scrub is a great place to start if you’re not familiar with the process. Add your own special blend of essential oils and scents to make it citrusy and bright. We think a mix of lemon, mint and vanilla would be just divine. (via Hey Gorgeous)
7. Cuticle Cream: Sure, your lips need some protection against the cold wind, but don’t forget about your precious fingers! This soothing cream will have your cuticles smooth and soft in no time. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Grapefruit Detox Mask: Make this simple recipe with ingredients from your kitchen: grapefruit and yogurt. The grapefruit tones and fights signs of aging, while the yogurt fights acne and discoloration. (via Hello Natural)
12. Coconut Grapefruit Hair Treatment: Treat yo’ self (and your scalp) with this moisturizing and impurity-removing scalp treatment. It’s like a spa treatment from the comfort of your own home. (via The Mother Huddle)
13. Orange Moisturizing Face Mask: Oatmeal, orange, yogurt and honey make this a soothing mask that smells like the best sort of breakfast. We won’t judge if you lick a little bit off your cheeks when you’re done letting the mask work its magic. (via Food + Words)
14. Lemon and Grapefruit Scrub: A double dose of citrus will wake you up with its invigorating scent. We advise splashing this on with some cold water in the morning for a major energy boost. (via Frugal Living Mom)
16. Super C Tonic: Start your beauty regimen by cleaning from the inside out. This healthy tonic gives you an immunity boost of vitamin C, plus some cayenne to get your blood running and metabolism up. (via Greatist)
Which of these are you most excited to make? Any DIYs you like to make with your favorite citrus? Tell us in the comments below!