15 Rockin’ Recipes Made With Pantry Staples
If the next snow, rain or wind storm takes you by surprise and leaves you housebound, not to worry. With a pantry full of essentials, you can eat well for days. This collection of 15 recipes relies heavily on things like canned veggies and beans, pasta and grains and the odd fridge find. With such tasty options from breakfast to dessert to choose from, you’ll want to dig into these good eats well after the weather clears.
1. Easy Almond Milk Cappuccino (Vegan): Getting out for your morning coffee run might be a little challenging in a blizzard. Keep coffee beans and a carton of shelf-stable almond milk in your pantry, and you’ll have a delicious cappuccino to sip on in just minutes. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
3. Apple French Toast Bake: We’d love to wake up to a delayed opening (or cancellation) and this amazing baked French toast. With both make-ahead and morning-of instructions provided, you can enjoy this beautiful breakfast regardless of what’s going on with the weather. (via Pip + Ebby)
4. Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Burger (Vegan): Channeling warm thoughts is much easier once you bite into these well-seasoned veggie burgers. Brimming with canned black beans, quinoa and a little faux-egg action courtesy of flax seeds, they’re a lot healthier than the usual Quarter Pounder. (via Veganosity)
5. Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies: Loaded with whole grain goodness, dark chocolate and almonds, these butter-free cookies rely on coconut oil and non-refined sugars to make each morsel wholesome AND totally tempting at the same time. (via Cookbooks 365)
6. Onion Soup Gratinée: Deeply caramelized onions and store-bought beef (or chicken) stock alone will have you well on your way to making one amazing soup. A splash of brandy along with melty gruyere-topped toasts just takes things to the next level. (via Flying Fourchette)
10. Tomato, White Bean and Kale Soup: You’ll need a quarter cupful of wine for this warming bean and tomato soup. Which begs the question, what to do with the rest of the bottle… (via Fork Knife Swoon)
12. Baked Chilaquiles With Black Beans and Kale (Gluten-Free): Thick, baked tortilla chips are smothered with jarred enchilada sauce, then tossed with beans, kale and cheese and popped in the oven to create a delish base. A few eggs are cracked over top during the final few moments of baking to make one satisfying meal, especially when sliced avocados come into play. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
13. Easy Brown Rice Risotto: The ingredients for basic risotto — onions, garlic, rice, chicken (or veggie) broth — are easy to keep stocked in the pantry. You’ll be in for a bowlful of carb-y comfort even if you skip the mushrooms and fresh herbs used here. (via Cookie and Kate)
What are some of the items you always keep stocked in the pantry? Share your favorite recipes that put them to use below!