The 20 Most Pin-able Halloween Costumes of 2014
Still figuring out your costume? We’re here to help. ALL week long leading right on up to the big day. We’ve been Halloween crazy over here, DIYing up a storm, making up all sorts of Halloween makeup looks and scouring social media for the hottest costumes trending this year. It’s time to deliver the goods — here’s a roundup of the most wonderful ways to rock Pinterest‘s trendiest costumes of 2014.
1. DIY Costume: It should be no surprise that Sriracha is so good that you put it on everything. Why not also put it on yourself? This DIY T-shirt transfer project is super easy… almost as easy as dressing up as Sriracha AND your dish of choice. (via Sarah Hearts)
2. Couples Costumes: We love couples costumes, except there’s always that slim chance that something will go wrong and you’ll wind up on your own trying to explain WTF you are when your other half has to go home early. Our Hawaiian punch costume is the best of both — totally cute apart, but even better together! (via Brit + Co)
4. Homemade Costume: Oh fer cute. We can’t pass up a good homemade costume either, and this baby and mama duo is just too much. If DIY is NEW to YOU, check out our last minute Halloween DIY guide. (via Brit + Co)
5. Last Minute Costume: All you need is your trusty LBD and the options are boundless — Holly Golightly, Cruella Deville and Wednesday Adams. Little black dress to the rescue again. A red maxi will help you out in a pinch too, you know. (via Brit + Co)
8. Elsa from Frozen: Bundle up. It’s going to be a frosty Halloween with Elsa on the loose. If you’re doing a group costume, Anna’s winter gear will be great for trick or treating in colder weather! (via The Sorry Girls)
10. Celebrity Costume: Take your pick, people. Our very own beauty and style maven Misty Spinney put together tutorials on how to do each and every costume in Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse” video. You’re welcome. (via Brit + Co)
13. Doll Costume: Are dolls creepier than clowns? It’s hard to tell, but ours is pretty pretty if we do say so ourselves. This doll makeup is versatile — using the same look you could do Raggedy Ann (get her ‘do here), a Cabbage Patch doll or even a paper doll! (via Brit + Co)
14. Minion from Despicable Me: Bethany Mota’s DIYs at Halloween are insanely helpful, so even if you’re not gonna be this adorable minion, you should check out her channel if you’re pressed for ideas. (via YouTube)
16. Super Hero Costume: Go with the latest in superhero blockbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy. It might be too obvious to be Gamora, so we suggest Rocket Raccoon, complete with tiny Baby Groot! (via Fashionably Geek)
17. Nerd Costume: Embrace all the geekery with a ’80s video game throwback — Duck Hunt. We actually rounded up quite a few excellent video game-inspired costumes here, so take your pick, nerds! (via Geeks Are Sexy)
18. Princess Costume: Tagging along with your little Toad? Princess Peach is a deceptively easy costume to pull off. Throw on a pink dress and a crown and you’re almost at the finish line. (via Brit + Co)
20. Costume for Work: Costumes for work are challenging. Depending on how liberal your office is, you might want to stick to something simple and still professional (and still cute!). We love this DIY Sushi idea and have 14 more work-appropriate Halloween costume ideas here! (via LaurDIY)
Did your costume come from Pinterest searching this year? Are you locked, loaded and ready to trick or treat, or will it be a last minute look for you? Give us the scoop below!