14 Protein-Packed Lunches for Plant-Based Eating
They say breakfast is the most important part of the day. Well, sorry chia pudding, but we want to argue that by highlighting the fact that lunch is pretty dang important too. Once our morning coffee wears off and we’re headed into the afternoon, we *need* a healthy dose of protein to help us motor through. If you’ve been eating a plant-based diet regularly, then you’re familiar with chickpeas and tempeh and all of the other glorious ways to fill up. If you’re new to the plant-based diet, don’t fret. We’ve got 14 lunch options perfect for work.
1. Smokey Chickpea “Tuna” on Rye With Spinach and Avocado: Smoked paprika and cumin elevate this creamy chickpea blend loaded with both protein AND fiber. (via The Simple Green)
3. Thai Quinoa Salad With Peanut Dressing: This rainbow salad gets its protein from the tasty edamame, the hearty quinoa, and the crunchy roasted peanuts. Though that dreamy and peanut-y dressing is optional, we wholeheartedly recommend it. (via Cook’s Hideout)
4. Lentil Meatballs: These super healthy *cheatballs* are kind of a big deal, y’all. Made with lentils and an assortment of veggies, they’re seasoned to perfection and will fill you up with a feel-good dose of protein and fiber. (via Well Plated by Erin)
5. Protein-Packed Quinoa Bites With Sweet Potato and Black Beans: If you’re looking for a light lunch or snack that will help you feel fuller longer, here it is. Made with quinoa, tender sweet potato, and black beans, these little sweet and savory bites are the BOMB. (via She Likes Food)
6. Freezer Vegan Breakfast Burrito: Breakfast for lunch can be a thing, right? These robust burritos are made in advance and popped into the freezer for grab ‘n’ go convenience. Full of protein, they’ll give you that extra burst of energy you need to get through the afternoon. (via Emilie Eats)
9. Lentil Pasta With Vegan Butter and Garlic Sauce: Heading home for your lunch break? This 15-minute wonder is pure perfection. It’s quick, easy, and full of the nutrients you need in order to keep on keepin’ on. (via Neurotic Mommy)
12. Turkish White Bean Salad: Adding white beans, green peppers, boiled eggs, and other simple ingredients to the mix, this recipe will give you that surge of mid-afternoon energy you need. (via Give Recipe)
14. Smashed Avocado Hummus Sandwich: No time to get fancy? No problem. You can keep things simple and still end up with something incredibly delicious and protein happy with a few generous smears of hummus. (via Sincerely, Katerina)
For more delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, follow us on Pinterest!