Nothing says “I love you” more than heartwarming fare… especially when it’s served in bed. Valentine’s morning is the perfect excuse to indulge in berry-infused pastries and heart-shaped treats so delicious, you’ll wish every day was a special breakfast-in-bed affair. So dish up a little love for your sweetie with these 30 romantic breakfast-in-bed recipes. After all, isn’t the way to anyone’s heart through their stomach?
1. Nutella French Toast with Strawberries: The only thing better than Nutella is Nutella and strawberries. These flavors compliment one another perfectly. Obsessed!
2. Bacon Hearts with Maple + Dijon Glaze: Make this. Why? It’s bacon. Your sweetie will heart you when you bring bacon to bed. Pair it with eggs and toast for more well-rounded fare. (via Wendy See Wendy Do)
5. 2-Minute French Toast in a Cup: It’s a cup o’ joe… it’s a cup o’ soup, it’s a… cup o’ French toast? That’s right. Put a smile on your honey’s face with French toast in a cup. The genius to this recipe is that you don’t have to pull out any fancy kitchen gear, and you’re done in two minutes tops. Double score! (via Pretty Prudent)
6. Mini Pancake Kabobs: Everything’s better on a stick! Heart-shaped pancakes are stacked high between layers of fluffy whipped cream and strawberry slices to create this breakfast treat. (via Design Loves Detail)
7. Cannoli Stuffed French Toast: Your breakfast favorite just got a Valentine’s Day makeover. This has to be the most delicious way to eat french toast. Did we mention that mini chocolate chips are involved? To. Die. For. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
8. Simple Strawberry Smoothies: Blend together three ingredients, and voilà –– you’ve got breakfast! Strawberry jam is the secret to the surprisingly intense strawberry flavor. (via A Spicy Perspective)
10. Baked Strawberry Doughnuts: Fresh strawberries lend unexpected pizzazz to these sugared-pink beauties. Bake them ahead of time and drizzle on the glaze on just before serving. (via Cooking Classy)
12. Mini Cracked Egg Pizza: Put some heart into your homemade breakfast with a heart-shaped breakfast pizza (and add your sweetie’s favorite toppings!). We can’t wait to try it! (via Proud Italian Cook)
15. Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing Drizzle: What’s better than a dozen roses and just as pretty? Why, these red velvet waffles, of course. (via Taste and Tell)
16. Greek Yogurt Dipped Berries: Not a morning person? No problem. Throw these delightful little yogurt-dipped berries in the freezer the night before and they’ll be ready to impress first thing on Valentine’s morning. (via She Knows)
17. Nutella Espresso Mug Cake with Fresh Raspberries: It could be breakfast. It could be dessert. We’ll call it both. Amp up the romance and share this treat with your Valentine, one mug, two spoons. Heaven. (via Tastebook)
19. Eggs Benedict Casserole: Assemble this dish the night before and pop it in the oven whenever you need it. It makes a bunch, so you’ll have plenty for later –– or a great excuse to jump back in bed and enjoy the homemade breakfast too! (via Chew Out Loud)
21. Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls: One ingredient (yep, you read that right!) is all it takes to create the ooey gooey goodness. Don’t worry, exactly zero people need to know how incredibly easy this delicacy is. (We won’t tell!) (via Pillsbury)
24. Heart Kabobs: Heart-shaped fruit in cheerful colors will brighten anyone’s morning! Make this and you’ll totally have extra time for other Valentine’s Day-ish activities. (wink, wink ;)) (via Parents)
27. Strawberry Nutella Pop-Tarts: Ok, our nutella obsession may be a bit out of hand. But we just couldn’t help bringing you this delectable recipe for Nutella pop tarts! The process is so simple. Hint: Store-bought pie crust is involved. (via The Novice Chef)
29. Hazelnut Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream and Fruit: Crepes are almost simpler than pancakes and much more impressive! Tip: crepes work brilliantly with any filling, so toss in whatever fruit you have on hand. (via Bakers Royale)
What are you cooking up to eat under the covers? Lay down the love in the comments below!