Which of These 10 Projects Should Be Our Next Brit Kit?
As you know, we’ve got a thing for making do-it-yourself projects even more easy, simple, and creative. One way we love to do this is by turning your favorite projects into Brit Kits. Last month, we asked you to pick yet another reader-selected Brit Kit and the votes are in: Gold-Dipped Ceramics!
($19.99) includes all the materials you need to create your own set of, including 5 bud vases, gold spray paint, and painter’s tape. (Note: Kits will ship within 1 week of purchase.)
1. Photo Cozies: Custom cozies are the perfect summer happy hour accessory, especially for bonfire on the beach and lazy Sundays by the pool. These were created with iron-on transfer paper, fabric, foam, and VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back Black Tape.
2. Neon Studded Clutch: Add a pop of color to your coin purses, zip pouches, and clutches by creating your own neon studs.
3. Jenga Necklace Rack: Not up for taking apart your Jenga set but still want to make this fun and modern necklace rack? We can totally help you with that.
4. Lace Statement Necklace: How lovely are these miniature lace doilies? You can turn them into a statement necklace in any design you like, a bracelet, or a pair of layered earrings.
5. Patterned Wooden Magnets: Who says your refrigerator can’t be stylish too? These playful magnets are easy to create with painter’s tape, electrical tape, and Google Image search for pattern inspiration.
6. Cord Roll: Need a fashionable way to keep your cords in order when you’re on the go? These faux leather cord rolls are convenient, sleek, and easy to recreate.
7. Studded Bangles: We love this simple hack on arm candy. Take a bunch of bangles and add different shaped studs to them in all sorts of fun patterns.
8. Wooden Orbit Mirror: Based on an $1,800 Anthropologie mirror, we recreated this rustic piece of wall decor with a few items from the craft store. Awesome.
9. Tassel Statement Necklace: These tassels are way more stylish than the high school graduation variety. Armed with hefty cord ends, it’s easy to create this beautiful statement piece.
10. Reverse Tie Dye Jersey-Knit Scarves: Bleach, painter’s tape, and an assortment of jersey knit scarves are all you need to create these stylish accessories.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)