32 Colorful Dishes to Brighten Up Mealtime
We believe putting your signature style stamp on your living space is a must. Whether it’s the home you’ll be living in for the next 50 years or a short-term rental, there’s no way to make yourself and your guests feel more at home than by making your place scream you! And, if you’re like us, that means bright colors and patterns everywhere. With that design philosophy, plain old white dinnerware just won’t cut it. Instead, we’ve collected 32 colorful + creative non-traditional dishes for you to check out.
coffee tables and even our stairs, it was about time we hit up the dinnerware, too. While you can’t actually write on these with chalk (that might be a health hazard), you can certainly enjoy the whimsical look it creates.
3. From the Deep Dinner Plate ($14-24): If your favorite book is Moby Dick, boy have we got dinnerware for you. It just might make seafood night a little uncomfortable :)
tropical-themed dishes. And next time you need a vacation, you can just head to the kitchen and channel the beach.
modern, its eye-catching — basically it’s all you could want in your dinnerware. We’re also betting you could DIY these babies with one of those bingo stamps you know your grandma has stashed somewhere.
11. Dapper Animal Plates ($5-10): These plates have whimsy stamped all over them. Beatrix Potter would have snapped these up in a heartbeat, so obvi you should, too.
12. Potter’s Workshop Dinnerware Set in Sage Green ($8): These are totally masterpiece-worthy in the craftsman department, but we love that they look like you could have whipped them up yourself at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places.
13. Clocks Dinner Plate ($16): We may always be running late, but we take comfort in the fact that it’s always breakfast o’clock when eating off of this baby.
14. Roscoe Dinnerware ($3-5): Maybe you’re more into subtle — like colors, but not crazy patterns. We got you boo, and so do these multicolored plates and bowls.
15. Como Splash Deep Plate ($15): We may or may not be artistic geniuses who had a moment of inspiration in the middle of dinner and dripped paint on our dishes. You’ll never know.
16. Nomad Elephant Plates ($28): Elephants are our spirit animal. They can cry, paint and they visit the graves of their family members. Of course we want to stare at them every night during dinner.
Pocahontas get on our plates? Better question: can we keep him?
23. Sword Appetizer Plates ($50): Dinner is a dangerous business. Showcase your inner buccaneer on your dinnerware.
25. Newspaper Bread Plates ($40): Extra, extra, read all about it! You may have canceled your newspaper subscription in favor of its digital successor, but that’s no reason you can’t enjoy the old fashioned newspaper-at-the-breakfast-table routine.
zoo a little more often than you’d like. Score these plates and you can totally get away with pretending it’s on purpose.
27. When the Planets A-Dine Plate Set ($45): We’re major astronomy buffs, but we can’t help being disappointed at Pluto’s absence. Such an unfair fate.
28. Cool Ban Tai Plates ($5): These chill plates will liven up even the most drab of place settings. And on your stylish table they’ll look totally gorgeous.
Paris, Je T’aime, but add some baguettes et fromage on these plates and you’ll be totally legit.
30. Potter’s Workshop Tableware in Bean ($5-8): We need coffee in a mug, we need coffee in a vat — we need coffee in an IV! With such a java fixation, we obviously need it on our dinnerware, too.
31. Sardina Dinner Plate ($10-16): Go ahead, pretend you picked these up on your last stop in Italy, you jet-setter you. We promise we won’t tell.
polka dot will never go out of fashion in our hearts. Give it a place at your table with these funky plates.