Dorm Decorating 101: 28 Pieces Under $50
And we’re back with a whole new slew of must-have items for your dorm-decorating obsession. Don’t even try to deny it, we know you’ve been planning for this since you committed to your school-of-choice. If you’re going with the school-match roommate system and your school graciously provided you with their deets, or if you just already know them, we suggest getting on your fave social media and sharing your ideas on dorm room aesthetics. That way you won’t show up on move-in day with horribly clashing — or worse, horribly matching — bedding sets + accessories. Today we’ve got 28 new pieces to help you coordinate like a pro, and all for under $50!
3. Yours + Mine Over-The-Door Hook ($34): No one likes musty towels — hang them stylishly with this script rack. Now the question is who gets ‘mine’ and who gets ‘yours’?
7. Rotating Hanging Closet Storage ($30): We just can’t stress enough how important maximizing your vertical storage is. Though we’re hoping we won’t need to once you see how nice this closet looks.
11. The Emily + Meritt Ring Holders ($39): We’ve all succumbed to that frantic search for an earring back or ring, or the furious attempt to untangle a necklace. But you’re older and wiser now, and you have a whimsical unicorn ring holder to keep everything straight.
12. Green + White Stripe Dhurrie Rug ($40): Offset stripes keep this rug visually interesting and the muted green color will complement even the most horrific of residence hall palettes.
13. Easy Sort Laundry Bags ($30): No one likes sorting laundry. And when you have the semi-questionable surfaces, already littered with others dirty clothes, of the res hall laundry room, the task is even more odious. Save time with pre-sorted bags!
20. 7-Inch Power Bed Risers ($30): Whether in college or out, in our tech-obsessed lives we can never have too many outlets. At least now they’re stashed out of the way, and have the added bonus of increasing your under-the-bed storage!
21. Deco Elephant Pillow Cover ($36): Here’s another pillow we can’t wait to snuggle with. The raised embroidery on the elephant is just perfect.
23. Orange Monochrome Throw ($30): We’re not sure if we want this as a throw blanket on our bed or a pashmina for when the fall weather sets in. We are sure this orange hue is going to be big this Fall.
24. Paisley Birds on Wire Wall Decal ($32): We’re pretty sure you could do this out of washi tape if you wanted to, but it’s also totally okay with us if you just want to buy it.
27. Easy Carry Laundry Bag ($44): When it comes to hauling your laundry up and down 4 flights of stairs, we understand if you’re leaning towards function over form. Luckily for you, with this laundry bag you don’t have to.
What’s your dorm room design inspo? Share your brainstorms below!