This year (like every year) had a ton of trends and topics we couldn’t stop searching for (and talking about). You may think you know what 2014’s biggest water cooler moments were, but Yahoo Search went and made it all official by rounding up the biggest searches in various categories. Scroll through and reminisce on a year of big news, trendy tech, over-the-top obsessions and so much more.
We’re pretty proud of ourselves, we covered a majority of the biggest topics of the year. Can we go on a break now? ;) From the ebola outbreak to the new iPhone and J. Law, 2014’s top overall searches were a real mashup.
(image via Yahoo!)
Most Searched for Tech
2014 introduced us to a TON of new tech from wearables to phones to tablets and even gaming systems. But, as always, the top-searched tech of the year (after 365 days of rumors and star studded announcements) was our beloved Apple iPhone.
Top Buzzing Obsessions + Crazes
We totally had a moment throughout the year where we were obsessed with each of the topics on the most buzzed about obsessions list. How much should we bet that 50 Shades of Grey will top this category in 2015?
Most Searched for #NoMakeup Stars
Stars, they’re just like us. Sometimes they don’t wear makeup either. Take a look (and realize celebrities actually aren’t perfect… but are still pretty beautiful) with the 10 #nomakeup stars that were the most searched in 2014.
Most Searched for Recipes
Yes, your friendly search bar is your go-to these days when you need to figure out what’s for dinner, what’s for after dinner and what’s for all that snacky time in between. Who can resist a good loaf of banana bread? Clearly not Yahoo searchers as it topped the recipe list.
(image via Butter Lust Blog)
Biggest Searches for DIY Concoctions
Creating a recipe for breakfast, lunch and dinner is all good, but some of the top searched DIY “recipes” of the year look a little bit more amusing than your weeknight meatloaf. They’re also more useful for other areas of the home than simply the kitchen.
Most Searched for Celebrity Weddings
Alright, we’ll grudgingly admit it, Kimye had the greatest wedding of the year (umm, not of all time though). Besides the ubiquitous couple’s nuptials, we definitely had a few others that made the list too ;)
1. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
2. Jessa Duggar and Ben Sewald
3. Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard
4. George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin
5. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
6. Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg
7. Kaley Cuoco and Ryan Sweeting
8. Jay Z and Beyonce (vow renewal)
9. Novak Djokovic and Jelena Ristic
10. Jamie Lynn Spears and Jamie Watson
Top Searched Drugstore Beauty Brands
Sometimes designer beauty products just aren’t in the budget. But who needs ’em when you have your neighborhood drugstore at your service. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.
1. Neutrogena (blotting sheets, shower and bath gel)
2. Revlon (mascara, hair color, lipstick, foundation)
3. Dove (deodorant, conditioner, beauty bar)
4. Maybelline (eyeliner, lip gloss, mascara)
5. Oil of Olay (sculpting serum, body wash)
6. L’Oreal (hair color, matte shadow, lip gloss)
7. Wet n Wild (blush, lipstick, nail polish)
8. Cetaphil (skin cream, cleanser)
9. Garnier (skin cream, hair color)
10. Aveeno (shower bath oil, oatmeal bath, moisturizer)
Want to see even more? Check out Yahoo’s Year in Review Tumblr.
What was the thing you searched for the most in 2014? Let us know in the comments.