2016, what a year! A very interesting year. If I had to sum up my feelings in two phrases, they would be:
Both of these phrases beautifully embody Brit + Co. As a company, we strive to inspire everyone — but women specifically — to get out of their comfort zone and be more creative in their lives. That idea can be transferred into endless avenues of life — from beauty and style, to weddings and relationships, to work, or even the most obvious of all, DIY projects and recipes.
In 2016 Brit + Co reached an incredible amount of milestones. We held our fourth annual Re:Make Festival, which saw nearly 15,000 attendees and hundreds of makers, as well as an impressive lineup of speakers like Brené Brown, Tyra Banks and Sophia Amoruso. We also opened the doors to our nearly month-long Holiday House pop-up shop, and also debuted our B+C for Cheeky tableware line at Target stores nationwide.
I’m excited about everything 2017 has to offer (for starters, have you seen all the trends from the Pinterest 100?!), but before we get there, here are my favorite Brit + Co DIYs, recipes and beauty moments we produced in 2016. It’s such a pleasure to work with such talented teammates who come up with all of this stuff, not to mention our incredible community of writers, freelancers and artists.
But most importantly, it is YOU who makes all of this worth it, and who we seek to inspire on the daily. I hope we have brought even the teensiest amount of creative spark to your life. If we have, then that is true success. I can’t wait to make more magic together in 2017 and beyond. Enjoy!
1. Make This Conversation Hearts Dress for Your Galentine’s Day Party
2. How to Make Coloring Book Pages from Your Instagram Photos
3. How to Make Celebrity Heartthrob Valentine’s Day Cookies
4. How to Make Conversation Heart Pillows for Galentine’s Day
1. How to Make Chocolate Ring Pops for a Sweet Valentine’s Day Gift
2. This Is What Happened When 55 Women Tested 55 Different Red Lipsticks
3. Peeps S’mores, the Most Delicious Way to Eat S’Mores EVER
4. Cover Your Wardrobe in Color With This Easy DIY
1. The Smokey Eye Wedding Makeup Boho Brides Will Love
2. Get Ready for St. Patrick’s Day With This Rainbow Ombre Nail Art
3. Blast Off into Easter With These Galaxy Eggs
4. How to Upgrade Boring White Sneakers With Watercolor
1. Use Faux Granite and Marble Spray Paint to Make Coasters for Mother’s Day
2. DIY These Pretty Coasters Instead of Buying Flowers for Mom
3. Gear Up for Festival Season With This DIY Pom Pom Headband
4. This Is the Material You Need to Use for Your Next Sand Art Project
1. This Fluffy, Gluten-Free Cloud Bread Will Take You to Cloud Nine
2. How to Make an Ice Cream Cake That Never Melts
3. This Super Cute Mother’s Day Gift Can Be Made in Less Than an Hour
4. Upgrade Last Season’s Dress With Flair Patches and Embroidery
1. Ride in Style With This 30-Minute Flower Bike Basket DIY Project
2. Bring Out Your Inner Kid With This Adult Capri Sun Recipe
3. DIY Beyonce’s Lemon Headband in Under Ten Minutes
4. How to Turn Hand-Stitched Embroidery into a Patch
1. How to Make a Peony Colada (That’s Better Than the Pineapple Kind!)
2. Trend Alert: DIY Your Very Own Off-The-Shoulder Shirt
3. Upgrade Your Summer Sandals With These Four Materials
4. How to Make Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn Costume
1. Your Accessories Just Got Cuter With This Watermelon Pom Pom Keychain
2. We’re Giving Classic Neapolitan Ice Cream a Modern Spin
3. This Dress Is the Best Way to Upcycle a Pillowcase
4. 5 Ways to Make Your Own Wine Butter
1. How to Make a Rainbow + Pot of Gold Costume With Your Boo
2. Avocado Jack-o’-Lanterns Are This Year’s Best Halloween Trend
3. This Mickey and Minnie Mouse Halloween Costume Has #CouplesGoals All Over It
4. This Sweet Potato Parfait Is a Must-Have for Thanksgiving
1. These Pumpkin Spice Churro Milkshakes Will Wow Any Guest This Fall Season
2. Bring Snapchat Filters to Life With These Halloween Makeup Hacks
3. Turn Your Leftover Halloween Candy into Chocolate-Covered Fruit
4. Pantone Obsessed? This DIY Patch Will Be Your Denim Jacket’s New BFF
1. Make These Mini Dip-Dye Cornucopias in Less Than 30 Minutes
2. How to Throw the Ultimate DIY Gilmore Girls Viewing Party
3. Can’t Decide Between Pie or Cake? Make a Piecaken!
4. Stir Up Something Sweet With These PB&J Chocolate Spoons
1. Fulfill All Your Holographic Dreams With This DIY New Year’s Eve Outfit
2. This DIY Pearl-Studded Turtleneck Is a Winter Win
3. Whip Up This Deliciously Simple DIY Peppermint Lip Balm
4. These Snow-Capped Mountain Cupcakes Are a Wintry Centerpiece You Can Eat!
Which Brit + Co projects and recipes were your faves from 2016? Share ‘em with us @BritandCo. And, for even more endless inspo in 2017, make sure you’re pinning alongside us on our Pinterest page.