6 Topics Everyone Will Be Dishing About Over Brunch This Weekend
You worked your tail off this week and you’re really looking forward to brunch with your pals. Go ahead. You’ve earned it. To make your brunch go off without a hitch, you might want to brush up on some of the week’s hottest pop culture topics that you missed during you’re ultra busy week. We’ve compiled a handy dandy list of everything interesting that went down this week so that brunch will be jam-packed with fun stuff to talk about over that delicious pile of pancakes (hopefully they’re pumpkin pancakes).
1. Let’s Play Celebrity: Hollywood has certainly been busy this week! Everyone welcome Chris Hemsworth to Instagram. You may need to wait for your new jam cuz Taylor Swift might be taking a hiatus. Also, take a peek inside Rose Byrne’s gorgeous apartment. Style queen Olivia Palermo is doing a super exciting collab with Baublebar. And #girlboss Sophia Amorouso dishes out some helpful career advice to help you score that dream job. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
2. Child Chatter: This week in cute celeb kids news, Megan Fox’s son is adorbs! There’s a new royal baby on the way — this time Swedish. Also, here are the most popular baby names in each state. Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick revealed their son’s name. When it comes to kids, don’t you always wish you had more life hacks? We’ve got some you can share with your friends to help you and your kiddos get out the door faster in the mornings. Also interesting to note is that baby girls born during these months tend to be healthier later in life.
3. Tech Talk: With the rise of listicles, here’s a new social list app that was created by none other than The Office’s B.J. Novak. Also, there’s some Oscar-buzz surrounding the first movie shot entirely by iPhone 5S. Are you and your friends night owls? Plus, this super popular social media app is draining the battery on your phone. These college students stay up latest in the world. Also, what was the most embarrassing song on your old iPod Mini?
4. Style Session: Style has had a big week with the Met Gala announcing their 2016 theme + having Apple as the sponsor. Also, EEEEK! It’s here. We’re talking about the H&M x Balmain lookbook. Tim Burton fans rejoice, this Nightmare Before Christmas collection by Hot Topic is amazing. It’s time to bring out your trusty chambray shirt — but here’s how you can style it in new ways. Also, if you’re a dog-lover, here’s come costume combos for Halloween. Oh yeah, and Birchbox dropped their first in-house makeup line.
5. Breaking Bread: With fall finally here, here are some perfectly savory apple recipes you and your BFFs will want to swap around. And did you know you can make brownies with… black beans?! Want a quick but delicious new take on lunch? You and your friends should check out these grilled cheese recipes. And if you plan on hosting Thanksgiving this year but you’re kinda lazy, we’ve got a guide to talk about. During you mid-workday slump, reach for this homemade pumpkin spice snack!
6. Creative Convo Starters: With Halloween around the corner, you’re probably tired of talking about pumpkin carving. Try decoupage pumpkins instead! This tupperware will help you ensure that no one ever steals your lunch at work again. And if you’re running the Nike Women’s Half Marathon, here’s where you should fuel up. Here are the industries that give you a job straight outta college. Lastly, paid menstrual leave is a thing and yes, we need to talk about it. Discuss.
What topics will you be discussing over brunch this weekend? Let us know in the comments!