16 Easy Crock Pot Meals You Can Prep in 20 Minutes or Less
There’s nothing like the slow cooker to make cooking easy, but during the week it can still be rough to get a home-cooked meal on the table. Happily, with only 20 minutes of prep required (or less!), these 16 recipes make crock pot cooking practically effortless. Whether you’re looking for something comforting or healthy to come home to at night, or maybe even a hearty breakfast that’ll power you through the day, we’ve got you covered.
1. Slow Cooker Mac + Cheese: Load up your slow cooker with pasta, cheeses, butter, milk, and spices; and a few hours later, you’re in comfort food heaven. (via Brit + Co)
4. Tacos Al Pastor: Once you give these pork and pineapple tacos a try, you just may find yourself craving them over and over again. Lucky for you, making the meat in a slow cooker means they’re super easy to whip up. (via Gimme Some Oven)
10. Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Taquitos: Wrap the cheesy chicken and beans up in tortillas to make taquitos, or pile it atop tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa for an equally delicious meal. (via DIY Budget Girl)
11. Cranberry-Orange Steel Cut Oatmeal: Steel cut oats take for-ev-er to cook, so making them in the slow cooker is a great way to go. They cook up to toothsome, tasty perfection with hardly any stirring required. (via Amy in the Kitchen)
12. Korean Beef Short Rib Lettuce Wraps: You can find all the ingredients for these Korean-style wraps at your local grocer, no specialty store run necessary. Skip the rice for a lower-carb twist. (via No Spoon Necessary)
13. Thai Butternut Squash Soup: The creamy, rich taste of this soup will distract you from the fact that it’s actually healthy. A sprinkle of peanut-cilantro gremolata just before serving takes it to the next level. (Creme de la Crumb)
16. Soy Honey Pulled Chicken: This pulled chicken offers a welcome balance of sweet and savory goodness in every bite. Enjoy it over grains, noodles, greens or even in a sandwich — whatever strikes your fancy. (via Deb’s Pots)
What are some of your favorite quick-prep dishes to make during the week? Whether you use a slow cooker or not, we’d love it if you shared them with us below!