It’s no secret that we’re gaga over All Hallow’s Eve. For many, this weekend will be all about costumed celebration, whether you’re rocking Gangnam Style or simply putting gummy worms in your punch. And the Hollywood glitterati are no exception. Here are 20 of our favorite celebrity Halloween costumes from the past few years.
1. Heidi Klum Bonanza: No Halloween costume roundup would be complete without a shout out to the mistress of costumed mischief, Heidi Klum.
2. Debra Messing Dias de Los Muertos: When in Halloween doubt, you can always go for the Dias de Los Muertos look. Messing pulls it off beautifully with a totally insane headpiece and wig.
3. Jessica Simpson as a Mummy: Loving this play on Simpson as a mommy-to-be!
5. Regis and Kelly as Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson: Um. This makes us uncomfortable. It’s that good.
6. Holly Robinson Peete as Lil Wayne: Speaking of uncomfortable, did you ever think that hottie from Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper could look this gangsta?
7. Christina Aguilera as a Corpse Bride: We think Beetlejuice pioneered the whole bridal zombie look, and Aguilera definitely does it justice here with her hubby.
8. Katie Couric as Donald + Marilyn: Our favorite talk show host Katie certainly knows how to do Halloween. Her costumes run the gamut from surprisingly masculine (you’re fired!) to gorgeously flirty and feminine.
9. Kathie Lee and Hoda as Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie: AMAZING. This was definitely our favorite meme from last year’s Royal Wedding.
11. AnnaLynne McCord as Marie Antoinette: Not sure if she’s officially dressed up as our favorite cake-lover, but she is pulling off the Antoinette look perfectly.
12. Gwen Stefani as Jessie from Toy Story: A yodeling cowgirl? We think Gwen can relate. Maybe?
13. Seal and Heidi Klum as Eve and the Apple: Love this one! Seal makes a particularly good Eve, don’t you think?
15. Katy Perry as her Nerdy Alter Ego: Gotta give those nerd years some credit. Bonus points for middle school-style giggles with Robert Pattinson.
16. Martha Stewart and Blake Lively as Medusa and Cleopatra: Such a good pairing. Lively makes a surprisingly good Cleopatra and Martha’s costumes are always major stunners.
17. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon as Milk and Cookies: Oh Mariah. Milk and Cookies is spot on.
18. Nicole Richie as J. Lo: Wait, is that not Jenny from the block??
19. Gwen Stefani as Cinderella: Gwen does it again with a kid-friendly vibe. Perhaps a favorite princess of Kingston?
20. Heidi Klum as Cleopatra: Finally, we have the reveal of Klum’s costume for this year. Cleoptatra! (Comin’ at ya!)
What are the best Halloween costumes you’ve seen on celebrities and friends alike? Share them with us in the comments below!