Tell us if this sounds familiar: You’ve been invited to a potluck this Saturday and had all week to peruse Pinterest for the perfect recipe that everyone will be talking about for weeks. But then, life happens. And before you know it, Saturday morning rolls around and you haven’t even had a chance to think about what you’re bringing. Don’t worry — we’ve all been there. If you have to be at a potluck in a few hours, there are plenty of recipes that require a minimal amount of time and will still impress those potluck-goers — some don’t even involve a trip to the store! Check out our fave easy peasy potluck recipes that will get you out the door ASAP.
2. Fresh Mango Salsa: Homemade salsa always tastes SO much better than the stuff you get off the shelves. This simple and colorful mango salsa is sure to be a hit come Taco Tuesday. (via Cookie and Kate)
3. Mini Baked Potatoes: While these little spuds might take a bit longer than most on this list, they are totally worth it. Both you and your guests will be happy you took the extra time. (via Brit + Co)
4. Sriracha Deviled Eggs With Crumbled Bacon: Add a unique twist to a potluck staple by adding Sriracha to the yolk mixture and topping it with bacon. The recipe calls for chives as well, but if you don’t have time to run to the grocery store, you could easily substitute with green onion or dill weed. (via La Crema Winery)
5. Baked Summer Squash With Gruyere: This squash recipe is oh-so versatile. You could totally go with a different cheese, herb or spice mixture using whatever is in your pantry to switch things up. (via Nourished Simply)
6. Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad: This salad seems simple, but is colorful and flavorful (it includes parsley and red wine vinegar — yum!). It’s especially perfect for days when it is way too hot to turn on the stove. (via Green Valley Kitchen)
7. Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars: The cool thing about this recipe is that if you don’t keep M&Ms and Oreos in your pantry, you could easily sub them out with your favorite candy bars for an equally delicious dessert. And while you’re picking up the candy, you could even buy a box of cookie mix if you’re really crunched on time. We won’t tell ;) (via Averie Cooks)
8. Baked Zucchini Chips: To get this healthy alternative to greasy potato chips, simply slice up a zucchini, drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some salt and then bake for about 50 minutes. Again, if you don’t have time to run to the store, you could probably substitute it out with anything in your fridge. Think: sweet potatoes, kale or jicama. (via Wishful Chef)
10. Pizza Puffs: We honestly don’t know anyone who doesn’t love pizza. These bite-sized pieces are a great appetizer for a night of watching baseball or even your friend’s next pool party. (via Golden Brown and Delicious)
13. Five-Minute Potato Casserole: Yes, you read that correctly. It takes just five minutes for this gooey, cheesy and absolutely scrumptious side dish. It can also be multiplied easily, making it an ideal dish for large crowds. (via Carpe Season)
What are some of your favorite last-minute potluck dishes? Please share with us in the comments!